Cruising from New Orleans LOCALS only

jonbgd

Well, Thank You for your response and honesty Im a little surprised thou

So If the roles were reversed and New Orleans had won

If you were in SF wearing your Saints gear I would congratulate you and say...... That was a great game! One of the most exciting 4th quarters I have seen in years.

Good luck next year we got lucky this time If we had played in your dome it wouldnt have been close. You guys would have won

99.99 percent of us would have done the same for you, but there are always the exceptions.

SF played well and the Saints didn't. Five turnovers and a seconday that has been a weak point all season. To make things worse, the Giants beat the Packers, so if we had beaten SF we would be playing the Giants in the Dome on Saturday.

To console ourselves, we are leaving for a cruise on the Conquest on Sunday. That should do the trick.

I don't think anybody would "care" what team's apparel you decided to wear. Maybe a rival team, but 49ers aren't much of a rival team for the Saints. Just don't go running off at the mouth like a jerk, and you'll be fine. If you start verbally insulting people's home or what represents their home, then you'll have problems.

I will say that there was a much bigger presence of Saints fanaticism in NOLA than I've ever seen in SF. But you're not going to a game or anything. If you go to a bar, maybe you should tread lightly as people will be drunk and possibly emotional.

I've been to countless Giants games decked out in my St. Louis Cardinals gear, and I've never had issues. However, when my buddy came along who decided to wear Dodgers gear, he had problems with Giants fans.

Ya'll come on down and cruise out of Galveston. We are real friendly bunch and will not harrass you for wearing your teams jersey.

Also, kuddos to the Baltimore fans. I was at the game Sunday with all my Texans gear on and everyone was real friendly before, during and after the game.

i stumbled across this thread...as i'm not a local, i thought i'd share my experience anyways.

of course, most people would have a little more class and respect for others, but there are always those....

i'm a broncos fan....that happens to live in the Dallas area. I traveled to new orleans for a game between the saints and the broncos....and of course, i'm wearing my jersey, face paint etc. now i have been to games in several places but this is the one and only place (including Raiders) that I have ever been treated so horribly! Of course it's not everyone, but I thought I'd share my experience with you.

We were in the French Quarter, just walking down the street...this was the day of the game and of course there's always talk...blah blah blah...but NEVER IN MY LIFE, HAVE I BEEN SPIT ON BY ANOTHER FAN, until here in the French Quarter by some punks in Saints gear. I'm a female, mom of 3! It's not like i'm out looking to talk trash and smack talk right? Anyways, just thought i'd let you know..not only one but two of them spit on me. Could have been a huge fight but we opted to walk away instead. I personally wanted to kick them you know where, but we were outnumbered and i certainly didn't want any trouble with the punks.

So are they passionate? Yes. But the French Quarter can be a bit wild, fueled by idiots drinking etc. Be careful if you choose to display your team.

Im just curious if I wore my San Francisoco 49er gear in New Orleans would any of you object

I hear that Y'all have southern hospitality that us from CA dont

Not that the 49ers blew it to a team led by a good old New Orleans boy, Eli Manning, I guess you won't mind the Giants fans strolling around Fisherman's Wharf with their NFC Champions Giants jerseys on. :D :D :D

Not that the 49ers blew it to a team led by a good old New Orleans boy, Eli Manning, I guess you won't mind the Giants fans strolling around Fisherman's Wharf with their NFC Champions Giants jerseys on. :D :D :D

We did choke especially the ball off of Williams knee for that free TD:eek:

It was a good game. Giants earned it.

I dont mind seeing other people wearing thier team colors.(except LA Dodgers) It incites conversation. I like talking sports. Ill even be rooting for the Giants to beat the Patriots just like I did last time.

I am not from New Orleans but live in a small town south of there I am sorry you were treated that way they were jerks. If you want the best Louisiana has to offer come "Down the Bayou".

yep they were jerks...as you can see by my signature, i didn't let that deter me as I am returning to NOLA. :)

thanks for the invite. i'm a small town girl myself.

Archived