Atlantis Submarine in Cozumel!

BoatGirl

I just got back from this tour, and I just have to tell you all how awesome this tour is. Before going, I was having a hard time justifying spending that much money to take our family of four on this excursion, but after reading this board I decided to take a chance.

Well, I am so glad I did! My DH and I took our kids, ages 8 and 9 ,since they are not ready for snorkeling yet. They absolutely loved it and so did we! The submarine goes down 125 ft. below the surface, so cool! We saw coral formations, tons of beautiful fishes, a sting rays, even some sharks!

One thing I wish I had done was to book online ahead of time. I could have saved $5 p/p. We just walked up to their main office, between the pier and downtown, and paid regualr price. So if you want to go, book online! There are several links you can book through. Just do a google search on "Atlantis submarine Cozumel". Well worth every penny!

I did book online and according to their Atlantis web site it's a 10% savings. For the 2 of us it was $15.80 less. The nice thing is that they don't charge your charge card until you show up for your tour. You have up to 24 hours ahead of time to cancel and you can do it via email. I thought if worse come to worse, I could email them from the ship if we can't dock for some reason or another and I know enough ahead of time.

BoatGirl

We want to book with Atlantis in cozumel but I'm conerend that we will not be able to find them I would like to book online to save money, but the one web site (with a good discount) says that all cruise passengers must book through the cruise line. Anyway I'd like to book online and not tell them that we are on a cruise, but how far from the pier is it to the ferry to the Atlantis? Will we need a cab or is it within walking distance? Most likely we will be at the International Pier; we are on Explorer, arriving June 23 @ 7am in Coz. Can you answer any of these questions? It would be greatly appreciated.

PS Anyone with helpful info please respond.

You can book directly with them even if you are on a cruise. I booked with them online for May 20th and told them I was on a cruise. The time the cruise was offering for the tour was later than I wanted to take so I booked directly through Atlantis. I'm not sure where you catch the ferry at or how far it is? I did e-mail them today with this question. I will post the answer when I get it tomorrow.

I also booked this for our cruise next week. I looked at the online price, and after adding transportation costs, I figured the price to book through the ship was worth the few dollars more to ensure we got off the boat on time to ge there. Our ship offered the tour for 8AM however, so I know we'd be one of the first off the ship. We also figured we'd hang out at Chankanab after the tour and snorkel too. Later we may go to Dzul Ha too. It's just me and my DH though, so I can see how a few dollars per person can add up if it's more that two of you.

I did get the discount booking directly thruogh Atlantis. Atlantis appears to only be less than a 1/2 mile north of the Puerto Maya Pier where carnival docks. See their comments below. Even with a taxi ride its cheaper than the Ships price. If you are cutting close on time, you may want to do it thru the ship? We dock at 9:30 and the Atlantis tour starts at 11:00 so we have plenty of time.

Comments,

We are located (from the Puerta Maya pier) at the north, is really close, but for your own security is better is you take a taxi, all the drivers know our address. Please be at our ticket office 15 minutes before to make your check in.

From all the posts that I read from this site and other sites, I have heard that Cozumel is very safe. I'm not sure what they meant in that reply?? Maybe it was for my own security of getting there on time? I wouldn't worry about the security in Cozumel. I will probably walk there since I have enough time.

I would assume they mean to be sure you get there on time or get back to your ship on time. Coz is a very safe place and, in addition, there are droves of people in the area you'll be -- between the cruiseship piers and where the Atlantis takes off. You can walk it if you don't have someone along who has a problem with that. In which case, take a $5 cab ride.

Archived