What are the different dress codes to expect on a 5 night cruise?

elainesj

For each night of our 5 night cruise, what dress codes will we get? I was groaning about packing 5 dress shirts for my hubby and then I remembered I had read about some casual nights. What's appropriate wear on those nights?

We're travelling on the Liberty of the Seas in March.

I was thinking on our first day he could wear his Hawaiian shirt (all 4 of us would wear our Hawaiian print clothing which should make a cute boarding picture). Is that OK for dinner with khakis?

Then i know there's formal night. and he'll dress up for that. What about the other nights? Will golf shirts do? Or will he need dress shirts every night?

I read some threads that talked about casual and smart casual dress codes. On a 5 night cruise, how many casual nights, how many smart casual nights, etc will we have?

THANKS!!

Golf shirts and khaki pants are fine for dinner for your husband on nights other than formal. Also on the first night is even more lax. He can wear his Hawaiian shirt. No prob. Don't stress over it, just have fun.

My SO wore his Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirts along with khaki pants for casual and smart casual nights. On casual he wore the more traditional type Hawaiian print and on smart casual he wore his more plain type Tommy shirts.

Thanks! I feel much better. I was getting a little nervous after reading thread after thread after thread of dressing up for MDR. I really want to stick to 2 suitcases for our family and thinking of all those dress shirts worried me.

I finally had the bright idea (duhhhh) of looking through a 5 day Cruise Compass.

Day 1 - Casual

Day 2 - Formal

Day 3 - Smart Casual

Day 4 - Casual/White Night

Day 5 - Casual

So 1 pair of khakis and 1 pair of dress pants should be just fine for my DH and son for the cruise. And they can wear golf shirt or checkered button downs for casual nights. That helps because they can re-wear those clothes when we are in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise for 3 days.

Archived