Somerset and Somerset Long Bay

Pandot

As a little half day adventure with 2 year old?

I have been working on my itinerary for over a year now, but it is always changing.

We are definitely going to do BAMZ and maybe Shelly Bay (depending on LOs endurance).

Originally, I had planned Warwick/Jobsen's Cove as our half day (i.e. last day in port, ship sails at 4) but, travelling with a toddler, I worry about crowded buses getting back (Just the two of us, I wouldn't worry). So this is looking more like a full day plan (likely arrival day - if weather cooperates).

So I was looking for something close and toddler friendly for day 3. Somerset Long Bay looks like it has the nice shallow toddling water. I know it is not directly off the bus, but from what I can see it is only .3 of a mile (a distance we are used to pushing the stroller). Or a taxi would only be 13 dollars each way.

Looking for honest opinions on SLB and Somerset as well as other options (Not really interested in Snorkel Park).

Thanks,

Andrea

I think Somerset Long Bay Beach would be a good choice for your 2 YO. The water is calm; would not be crowded; but there are no facilities.

If walking to/from the bus route is not a problem, then make plans for a visit to SLBB. For buses, either a route #7 or #8 will get you there and back. The only stroller you can carry on the bus is the umbrella stroller type.

For the taxi, the fare you posted is about right and you could arrange to be picked up at a certain time.

Here's a YouTube video that includes SLBB:

I agree with you on visiting Snorkel Park.

SBtS

We have a chicco umbrella stroller that will be coming with us. I bought it specifically for this cruise (though it gets a good workout in the trunk of my car - lots of quick runs into and out of buildings, doctors etc). It folds down very compactly.

I had read earlier posts (but several years out) that mentionned that there was a chemical toilet in the car park? Do you, or anyone else, know if that is the case? We only need a toilet, anything else we can do without.

Thanks for your reply.

Andrea

BTW - I have seen your posts on my roll call. Will you be joining us on this sailing or are you just super helpful ?

Archived