Early am flight out of mia

tarheel04

Do you think it's possible to make a 10:10 am flight out of miami on a saturday morning? Our sip returns on saturday morning and we always do self assist to get of, so is it possible to get to airport and check in for a 10:10am flight? Please give me you opinion as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

yes its possible, you will have to be on top of your game and have some things go your way. The wild-card is always customs clearing the ship. I've been to the airport many times before 8:00 by being one of the first groups off the ship and taking a taxi direct to MIA.

You really need to be at the airport check-in kiosks before 9:10 to be able to check bags, per most airlines. So, in my opinion, thats the task at hand here. Can you get from the ship to the front of the airport check in line by 9:10.

where are you coming from? If your last day is on an island, like Nassau, you'll be in Miami in the middle of the night, if you're say coming from St Kitts after a 2 day steam, its hard to know for sure when you'll be there.

you'll get all kinds of opinions on the subject and most people will tell you there is no way they would ever risk it because of this, that, and the other thing. One time this happened, my cousins boyfriends sister was fogged in for 3 days and it took customs 72 hours to clear the ship.

keep in mind if you don't make it that you will probably have to settle in for a very long day at the airport. In most cases, flights out of MIA will not open up again until the evening, which is what you'll likely need to settle for if you miss the 10:10.

I agree with the posters who say it's too early. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the security lines. There are often long lines when cruise ships are in port. If everything goes your way you MIGHT make it, but I wouldn't want to be that stressed out after a wonderful, relaxing cruise. Nancy

Ditto on the 'don't risk it'.

You may make it, but it is 50/50. The smallest delay will cause you to miss your flight. Even if you make the flight, your bags may not if you aren't there within 45-60 mins of departure.

If you have a good backup plan in place that you dont mind using, then you may give it a shot. Otherwise it would be far too stressful.

I am now in the practice of just leaving early the following morning just so I can not worry about crowds at the airport, or sitting around all day waiting for a later flight. Good way to adjust back from vacation mode too.

If you are planning on self assist and the ship comes in on time you will not have any problems making a 10:10 flight. My family has taken 3-4 early am flights (one was 9:50) with over an hour to spare after checking in and going through security. I would rather plan an early flight then a later one with hours of sitting at the airport.

Just my thoughts.

thanks to all of your replys! i would hate to be stressed out after a good week, but on the other hand i am a gambler and it would save us around 80 bucks x 4 passengers. but the boss ( wife ) will make the final call.

thanks

Archived