Stateroom advice?

On the fence...which would you book?

Inside Category 1A on Splendor, cost for two $733

Wraparound Balcony 9C on Splendor, cost for two $1733

I realize this is comparing apples and oranges...One side of me says the balcony will change the dynamic of the cruise...other side says that the extra $1,000 would do the same...in a different way.

Finances have changed dramatically downward as compared to the 5,000 SF Garden Villa on NCL days. Now THAT was a cabin beyond compare.

Thanks for input!

On the fence...which would you book?

Inside Category 1A on Splendor, cost for two $733

Wraparound Balcony 9C on Splendor, cost for two $1733

I realize this is comparing apples and oranges...One side of me says the balcony will change the dynamic of the cruise...other side says that the extra $1,000 would do the same...in a different way.

Finances have changed dramatically downward as compared to the 5,000 SF Garden Villa on NCL days. Now THAT was a cabin beyond compare.

Thanks for input!

Why the two vastly different stateroom types?

Why the two vastly different stateroom types?

Honestly, I cruise just to get away. My (recent) ex, typically required a high end room (preferably with butler on a cruise ship so as to eat ensuite). Now that it's just me (and friends), it doesn't really matter...I think that the anticipation leading to a cruise is so much fun...I think I'll go with the 9C as that will be more fun to look forward to. Also, those rooms book quickly...you can always get an inside cabin, but not always a wrap balcony. I've never had an aft cabin so it should be fun.

Thanks!

Rick

When it comes to the extra G to do other things with, I'd opt for a cheaper cabin. To me, the cabin experience is so minimal compared to other things that you can do on the ship or at a port. Think about the photos you will take. Will most of them be from your stateroom?....or will your photos be of places and things that you experience along the way?

I've only cruised twice and had interiors both times...and both times had an excellent time on my cruise & vacation. On this next cruise, because of the great deal, I opted to splurge a little extra (only $200 more) for a balcony cabin. I am a bit nervous about really falling in love with a balcony, I am pretty convinced that the stateroom really has little to do with my overall cruise experience.

Archived