Hotels in Rome

dksuri

Hi guys,

I have posted this question before but really need to get this booked, I will be spending 3 nights in Rome post cruise for my honeymoon and am looking for a decent hotel but really can't afford to spend an arm and a leg. So far we have been looking at the IQ hotel and the Artimide hotel, any other suggestions around that price rage?. I will be going at the end of may and prices are ranging from 200 to 230 CAD for the IQ and Artimide hotel. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I have posted this question before but really need to get this booked, I will be spending 3 nights in Rome post cruise for my honeymoon and am looking for a decent hotel but really can't afford to spend an arm and a leg. So far we have been looking at the IQ hotel and the Artimide hotel, any other suggestions around that price rage?. I will be going at the end of may and prices are ranging from 200 to 230 CAD for the IQ and Artimide hotel. Any help is much appreciated.

We have been to Rome several times and in my opinion, a hotel for your honeymoon would be the first one we stayed in. it is Italian. it is old Italian. It does not try to be new or too modern but remain what you expect in Italy.

I highly suggest Hotel Campo De' Fiorio. On a fantastic little Piazza Campo de Fiorio with a fantastic market during the day and great little restaurants

at night. It is just a block away from Piazza Navona and all its fountains and restaurants.

The rooms in this hotel are small by North American standards but it is decorated in old classic Italian style. there is a rooftop garden where you can sit with a bottle of wine and see St Peters Cathedral, or the Palatine Hill and all of Rome while the sun sets.

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly and if you let them know it is your honeymoon, who knows. Oh, a fabulous breakfast room and breakfast is included.

http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/

I posted a review back in 2009 http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d208552-Reviews-Hotel_Campo_De_Fiori-Rome_Lazio.html

If it does not come up just search for my name Pete_Coach. I posted some photos.

We spent 4 nights pre-cruise in Rome and it was absolutely wonderful! Also trying to keep cost down, we found a lovely B&B in the heart of Rome on the Via ****onale (CC keeps censoring the spelling due to the first four letters - Naz are the first three, and i is the fourth letter).

In any case, we stayed at the Amaranto Romano and would not hesitate to stay there again. Nadia was a dream and arranged all of our travel to and from the airport, to the cruise port, and to the ship with English speaking drivers. She also helped us find restaurants (I'm a bit particular, she suggested some wonderful restaurants!) and tourist attractions. A wonderful stay at a decent price.

i-Vv9K2fj-M.jpg

Clockwise from upper left: Elevator to the 5th floor for two people or 1 person and lots of luggage! Sitting room (with snacks, beverages, a computer and printer (also free wifi)), our sitting room, Nadia and I, beds (you can have either two twins or a double).

The rooms are set away from the bustle of the street and are very quiet overlooking an interior courtyard. We slept with our windows open. TripAdvisor reviews here.

Breakfast was a few doors up in a local cafe, excellent Cappuccinos along with pastries and toast and jam in addition to fresh squeezed oj.

i-X57Xp8T-S.jpg

We spent 4 nights pre-cruise in Rome and it was absolutely wonderful! Also trying to keep cost down, we found a lovely B&B in the heart of Rome on the Via ****onale (CC keeps censoring the spelling due to the first four letters - Naz are the first three, and i is the fourth letter).

B&Bs are a great way to go. We stayed at the BeeHive http://the-beehive.com/ it was well under €100, a couple of blocks from Termini station, and hence easy to get to everything.

Hi guys,

We stayed at Hotel Artemide summer 2010 for 4 nights. Our room was very comfortable, quiet and spacious for European standards. They offer complimentary snacks and beverages in your room. Their breakfast was great with a wide variety of choices, and the cappuccino was delicious!

It is located on a busy street, Via Na*ionale, so there are shops and restaurants close by. There is a little market across the street that we went to several times. We got some cheese, bread, olives and wine, and was pleasantly surprised how inexpensive it was.

I have recommended the hotel to many friends, and have heard great reports.

It was close enough to Termini (about a 10 minute walk). I know there are other hotels that are closer to the main sites, but we found it easy to walk to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc.

One evening we took a walk and didn't care if we got "lost". Just wandered around and happened upon an amazing little basilica with outstanding art work. I had forgot my camera, so went back the next evening but it was closed. I will probably never find it again, but I hope to go back someday and try!

Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time in Italy.

Archived