All help appreciated

casperbks

This is my first cruise on NCL, we will be on the Star Nov 4th. I would like to get more info on your likes and dislikes of the ship? We could also use advice about excursions to Costa Maya, Belize city, Rotan, and Cozumel? Thank you so much ... We are in our fifties.. Happy Crusing to all!!!!!:o

In Costa Maya, we did an excursion to some ruins. It was very interesting. In Roatan, we got off the ship and found a guide in port that took us on a tour of the island and then to a Monkey Farm. In Cozumel, I've snorkled at Chankanaab Park, and spent days at an all inclusive resort.

This is my first cruise on NCL, we will be on the Star Nov 4th. I would like to get more info on your likes and dislikes of the ship? We could also use advice about excursions to Costa Maya, Belize city, Rotan, and Cozumel? Thank you so much ... We are in our fifties.. Happy Crusing to all!!!!!:o

1st bit of advice to have a good cruise:

Read all the info you can find on the NCL website and here on this board.

Read reviews and look at pictures. Understand Freestyle cruising.

I can't give you any specific advice on the Star (never been on her).

I have been on that route though.

Strictly my opinions - what we enjoyed:

Costa Maya - we took a tour with a private company to Chacchoben (David and Ivan - look up their tour on the Costa Maya board)

Belize - we took a tour with NCL to Lamanai - excellent all-day tour, one of the best we have done with the cruiseline. The 2nd time we stopped in Belize, we took a snorkeling tour with NCL - exact opposite experience - the tour supplier was disorganized and borderline unsafe - would NOT recommend

Roatan - gorgeous island with wonderful beaches and snorkeling BUT there are sand flees so spray your feet and legs GENEROUSLY with insect repellant if you go to a beach.

Cozumel - 1st time we went snorkeling on our own off the shore - pretty good. 2nd time we went to a beach. Note: the beaches are NOT the greatest in Cozumel - lots of rocks in the water but the snorkeling is good

So my advice - go to the various port boards and check out people's reviews of the excursions that they have been on.

Have a great cruise!

Archived