Miami hotels with airport and cruise shuttle

jimbug

In my extensive searching, I've found a few hotels that offer both an airport shuttle from MIA, as well as a shuttle to the Port of Miami the next day. Here is what I have found:

Embassy Suites Miami International Airport

Best Western Plus On the Bay Marina Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport North (brand-new hotel)

Does anyone have any others to add to this list? I'm trying to find the best option for our group's cruise next winter.

Look at some of the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area too. Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites etc.

Not all shuttles to the port are complimentary, IF the hotel has them. And if you have to pay, per person more than 5.00$, you may want to use cabs so you can leave on your own schedule, not wait for the hotel's schedule as well as make a direct drive to your pier and not stop for other cruise line ships. You didn't say how many are traveling with your group.

Remember too that if the shuttles are filled you wait till there is room on another. So your group could be split or you will wait until there are seats for all.

In my extensive searching, I've found a few hotels that offer both an airport shuttle from MIA, as well as a shuttle to the Port of Miami the next day. Here is what I have found:

Does anyone have any others to add to this list? I'm trying to find the best option for our group's cruise next winter.

Just an FYI--just because there is a shuttle available does NOT mean it's a free shuttle. We stay at the Embassy Suites location all the time....it's a free shuttle from the airport, but $10pp shuttle to POM.

You won't find many hotels with free shuttles from the airport and to POM. Usually one or the other. It's not far though, so a large shuttle or taxi's aren't that expensive.

We just returned from a cruise and stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They do offer a free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the port.

The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. It is best to call when you arrive at the airport and let them know which gate you are at, so they can keep a look out for you.

We had to sign up for the shuttle to the port. We had a group of 10 and there were probably another 10 from our hotel. We then made a stop at a nearby hotel and pick up some more people. It is a large bus with a trailer for luggage and it was not near full.

The hotel is brand new and a good option for a night before a cruise. There is a gas station with a small store and a Subway within a block.

We booked through their main site and when the price dropped by $30.00 two days before we left and they gave us the lower price.

Definately a good option!

Your best option may be to discount "free" shuttles and focus on the right hotel and the right location -- cabs are cheap in Miami (under $30 for the cab including tip from most MIA area hotels to POM).

Good luck! :)

We just returned from a cruise and stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They do offer a free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the port.

The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. It is best to call when you arrive at the airport and let them know which gate you are at, so they can keep a look out for you.

We had to sign up for the shuttle to the port. We had a group of 10 and there were probably another 10 from our hotel. We then made a stop at a nearby hotel and pick up some more people. It is a large bus with a trailer for luggage and it was not near full.

The hotel is brand new and a good option for a night before a cruise. There is a gas station with a small store and a Subway within a block.

We booked through their main site and when the price dropped by $30.00 two days before we left and they gave us the lower price.

itisme,

Did you book their cruise package (with the bottle of wine, etc.)? Or was the port shuttle made available to you with just a regular room rate?

Thank you!

We booked a regular queen suite and it included the port shuttle. We found the best price on the choicehotel site - which is the site for the family of hotels (comfort suites, days inn ect.) They had the best price and when the price went down a couple of days before we left they discounted our room price.

We booked a regular queen suite and it included the port shuttle. We found the best price on the choicehotel site - which is the site for the family of hotels (comfort suites, days inn ect.) They had the best price and when the price went down a couple of days before we left they discounted our room price.

Perfect! Thank you for the information - we will probably book here, as it is significantly cheaper than the Embassy Suites. Our only qualm about booking elsewhere and just taking a cab is that we'll be traveling with a handful of little ones, who would normally require a car seat in a regular vehicle. We won't be hauling car seats with us, so any kind of van or shuttle bus that is exempt from the car seat law (taxis are not) is what we are looking for!

The Miami airport Marriott's offer free shuttle to/from the airport and if you book a cruise package room they offer a shuttle to the port. There is a Residence Inn, a Marriott and a Courtyard all in the same complex. We have stayed at both the Residence Inn and the Courtyard and they were both nice.

They are the Miami Airport South location on LeJeune or NW 42nd.

If you intend to roam around Miami before embarking on the cruise, why not rent a car for the day, when you return the car the following day. The car rental provides free shuttle to the cruise terminal. That is what we are doing for the upcoming cruise in March.

Just wondering if the hotel lets you park for free while u are gone?

Check with the hotel, sometimes hotel near the airport has a stay and park deal. That is what some hotel near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport does. Ask them whether they have deals like this

Check www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking packages.

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to the hotel, almost never) plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Good luck! :)

Archived