Taxi cost to Sheraton Nassau Bahamas/day pass?

Snorkel Dawg

Looking for the aprox. cost of a taxi from cruise port to the Sheraton. Considering their $20 day pass for pool, shower, beach access. Anyone recently done this? Observations?

Thanks in advance!

You will have better luck with this question in the Bahamas Board found here.

I would suggest not taking a taxi, instead take the jittney (city bus). It's under $2 per person one way to get there, and they drop you off right at the front of the hotel, and the pick is there as well. You can find a ton of info on the Jittney on the Bahamas board including directions to the port area stop.

Looking for the aprox. cost of a taxi from cruise port to the Sheraton. Considering their $20 day pass for pool, shower, beach access. Anyone recently done this? Observations?

Thanks in advance!

Sheraton pass is $25 pp. includes Pools, beaches, chairs, towels etc

Don't remember seeing showers..

Taxi is $15 for 2 ppl - $3 for ea add'l person.. or the #10 jitney for $1.25pp.

Thanks Scuba G. Sorry I've another question. Could you give me directions from the cruise pier to where we get the #10 jitney to the Wyndham?

Thank you for all your assistance! :)

When you come out of the port gate near the taxi stand.. continue straight 1 block to Bay Street. Make a right. Go 3 blocks.. George Street, and the waiting jitneys are on the left heading out of town. Easy peasy.

We loved taking the jitney-and we loved the Sheritan, I was just browing pictures this morning from our last cruise, and found these from the SheritanIMG_2403.jpg

the beach

and one of three pools

IMG_2405.jpg

The jitney was very easy, once on, they took off, and once out of the hotel, we just flagged a bus down, a whole lot cheaper than a cab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My recollection was one way was 25-30 dollar range. I will say we were disappointed with the Sheraton. The beach was pretty small. I did not get that Caribbean Beach feel. The pool was not the cleanest.

I can't remember the hotel next door, but it looked better for day pass.

I will say that the buffet lunch was wonderful and plentiful.

Laura. Nassau on Norw. Sky 02/2012.

My recollection was one way was 25-30 dollar range. I will say we were disappointed with the Sheraton. The beach was pretty small. I did not get that Caribbean Beach feel. The pool was not the cleanest.

I can't remember the hotel next door, but it looked better for day pass.

I will say that the buffet lunch was wonderful and plentiful.

Laura. Nassau on Norw. Sky 02/2012.

Did you mix up the sheraton with the wyndham??

The Wyndham has the small beach and the pool needs some maintainance, Wyndham also has the buffet lunch.

Sheraton has a huge beach, multiple pools, and is very clean. A la carte lunch from the Pool Grille.

We just got back off the fantasy yesterday and lived the Sheraton in Nassau! We took the jitney for $1.25 per person each way and it was so easy and convenient. It took about 10 mins to get there after getting on the jitney and about a 15 minute wait in the reservation line once inside the Sheraton to buy our day passes. It was $25 for each adult and $12.50 for our two kids. We had a blast! The water was beautiful, the beach was clean and the snorkeling was great! We brought our own stuff and saw tons of fish and even got up close with a sea turtle. He was just 4 feet below us and amazing! My 7 year olds had the time of their lives there. The pools were nice and clean, as well. My girls loved the waterfalls in them. I would highly recommend this in Nassau.

Jen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We were just there and the day pass was $30/per person. It was weird cause the first person at the desk wrote it up as $25 per and handed it to another person who marked through the $25 and changed it to $30. No explanation given other than that was the price. I am not gonna argue over $5 so we just paid it along with the other 14 people in our group.

Oh to answer your question you cannot book them in advance or on their website. Just walk inside the hotel, go to the front desk, and ask for the day pass. Very simple to do. We thoroughly enjoyed our day there.

We were just there and the day pass was $30/per person. It was weird cause the first person at the desk wrote it up as $25 per and handed it to another person who marked through the $25 and changed it to $30. No explanation given other than that was the price. I am not gonna argue over $5 so we just paid it along with the other 14 people in our group.

I did read online that they recently increased the price of the day pass to $30/person.

Looks like we will be going to the Sheraton in just a couple of weeks. CANT WAIT!!!! :)

This will be our very 1st time going to the Bahamas so I am just trying to get the last minute details so I know what to expect once we get there.

With the $30 day pass, is there a lunch/beverage buffet or some kind of meal voucher available??

Thanks!! :)

Looks like we will be going to the Sheraton in just a couple of weeks. CANT WAIT!!!! :)

This will be our very 1st time going to the Bahamas so I am just trying to get the last minute details so I know what to expect once we get there.

With the $30 day pass, is there a lunch/beverage buffet or some kind of meal voucher available??

Thanks!! :)

There is an outside bar that serves food. Many in our group ate there. They serve burgers, dogs, fries type stuff. Be prepared to pay about $16 for a burger, fries, and drink. The food was good though.

• 4 months later...
Can you go and use the beach for free? we're not interested in using the pools or other parts of their facility.

is there a separate place for public access to Cable Beach or is it only at the hotels?

Cable beach is a long stretch of beach. Hotels, timeshares and condos flank the majority of the beachfront, and you would need a day pass to use these beaches.

There are public sections of the beach as well. They are not maintained, have no amenities, no lifeguards, bathrooms etc.

These public sections are free. Ask your jitney driver to drop you at an entry point. Be careful of glass and debris.. and be aware of your surroundings since some have been robbed on these out of the way beaches.

The better beaches have security keeping non-paying guests off the hotel beaches.

For the best beaches, and safety, I suggest a hotel beach pass.