Trouble Sleeping

woodsy64

My husband and I booked a zipline excursion for our cruise in March. Looks kinda fun. :confused: My husband is excited about it. However, everynight I start to go to sleep and the zipline thing creeps into my thoughts, I get scared and then I can't get to sleep.

Is ziplining okay? Should I be scared and worried?

Where are you ziplining? We went to an awesome place in Roatan, South Shore Canopy. It was AMAZING! And I am no spring chicken.;) This place was very safe, used double lines for extra safety, etc. I would do it again in a hearbeat!!

It will be fine! I was the same way about ziplining. We went in Hawaii and my husband jumped on like it was no big deal. Then came my turn and the guide had to practically push me off the ledge. Then it was so much fun!! We're booked to go ziplining in Montego Bay now and I can't wait! 2 more weeks!!

I guess it's hard to give advice without knowing your age, physical condition, and whether you are athletic at home. I wouldn't recommend that a 55 year old, overweight, couch potato go first time ziplining through hot and humid jungles.

Also consider the country your are ziplining in and if you feel comfortable with what you preceive it's safety standards to be.

I think the point of a vacation, especially a cruise, is to relax and de-stress. I suggest you discuss your concerns with your husband. If a week from now you are still stressing out, I would let your husband go on his own and you can relax on the ship or take another tour. I don't think vacations are about proving things to yourself.

Someone above said the ziplining was "perfectly safe", I would edit that to say "generally safe".

Maybe not the answer you wanted but just another point of view.

On a brighter note, check out the "Chukka Canopy Zip Line in Ocho Rios" reviews on Tripadvisor, it was highly rated.

You can also check out Ocho Rios Ziplining on You Tube to see the actual experience.

Hope this helps.

My husband and I zip-lined in Jamaica (Chukka Cove Farms) a few years ago, when we went on a cruise with his two sisters and their husbands. We were in our late 40's and I had never, ever done anything out of my comfort zone before so I was a little nervous, okay....a lot nervous! But I was determined to do something that I normally wouldn't do. We got fitted for our harnesses, helmets, etc. and got instructions then we had to walk a bit to our first platform. I was scared, but after I stepped off the platform and started zipping along it was FUN!!! I LOVED it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Try not to worry, I bet you'll love it!!

My husband and I booked a zipline excursion for our cruise in March. Looks kinda fun. :confused: My husband is excited about it. However, everynight I start to go to sleep and the zipline thing creeps into my thoughts, I get scared and then I can't get to sleep.

Is ziplining okay? Should I be scared and worried?

Make sure to research where you are doing it! Some places are safer than others!!! Jamaica is one of our favorite ports, but everything there is "NO PROBLEM MON". :)

Archived