5 cabins...?

ilovecraig929

(I asked the royal people, now for the carnival experts :) )

Going through the carnival directly do they give any discounts if you book five or more cabins? Im looking at a cruise early next year as a Christmas present to several family members and it would probably end up being five or six cabins, didn't know if there was any type of discount/incentive for booking that many.

We used a travel agent for our first two cruises but wasn't ever impressed with her or completely happy so for our last three we've just booked online ourselves but maybe in this case a travel agent might offer a perk worth looking into?

I've only sailed royal caribbean and disney so I have no experience with carnival, any info greatly appreciated!

We have a group booked and we needed a minimum of 8 cabins. No discounts, in fact we had to pay more then the early saver for our category, but only about $15/pp total. With that you get incentive points and they vary from 1 to 4 depending on the cruise. We have 3 which we are using for a private cocktail party, a shipboard credit of $25.00 per cabin and a bottle of wine.

thanks guys! oh...incentive points...ummmm im going to have to research that, we dont have those on royal, lololol BUT IT SOUNDS FUN! i love accumulating points for things!!! its like a game!

You did catch in the post you are responding to that to get the group rate, you pay a HIGHER PRICE to get those incentives. .. and some cruises the incentives are gone, so you dont always get them.

ES is cheaper, just plain ES. You have to pay ES plus a little extra at the very least. Group prices are even higher if you dont want the nonrefundable deposit etc.

What happens if someone is military and wants to book military and thats a problem with groups and they arent going to want to pay extra so you have 8 paying the extra. Its not all you are thinking.

RCL does have incentives. .. you must have misunderstood and they usually dont charge a higher group price than the lowest price for that cruise to get a group rate.

Archived