Anchor at Cozumel on the Dawn

coveman

I would think not. We were there last week on the Grand. We came in after the Dawn I believe, and it was anchored...and having to tender in. I think the Grand was able to dock because of its size. My only guess was perhaps the Dawn was one of the smaller ships in port that day, so less people to tender. I think there were a total of 8 ships last Thursday in Cozumel.

I was on the Dawn last week when we had to tender in Cozumel. The reason was the 8 ships in port that day. We were told at a port talk two days before the stop. It was extremely inconvenient because they could not use the lifeboats to tender and we had to wait for the ferry (not sure what it's called) to tender us. Anyione who had an early privately booked excursion probably didn't make it. Our dune buggy excursion started at 10:30 so we were able to make it with a 1/2 hour to spare. We had blue #1 tender tickets and still had to wait a very long time to tender, they took the tours booked through the ship off first. Some people were very upset about missing their excursions

We have docked at Cozumel twice, once at Punta Lagosta (sp?) and once at the other pier. Which is considered the downtown pier --- Punta Lagosta, I would guess? I don't remember seeing anyone anchored. I'd be pretty disappointed.

Archived