Winter wear - Around the Cape

37Snoho

Heard discussion on bringing warmer clothes to be prepared as we

go around Cape Horn.

I have bought silk underwear - tops - bottoms. Light weight to pack

you can even sleep in them. Packing is light. I even have a red turtle

neck silk top - so shear to wear alone, but works under another garment.

Skiers use silk clothing to keep warm.

Just sharing!

37Snoho

I'm booked on an Antarctica cruise for February 2013--that's going to be a challenge to pack for! Summer in Buenos Aires, then progressively colder as we move towards Antarctica. It's 2 weeks on a ship with no self-laundry facilities. (Yes, we've temporarily abandoned Princess for another line--they offered Antarctica and Princess didn't.) I think I will be packing silk T's and pants to wear under other clothes and a couple of sundresses or something for the warmer days in Argentina.

Hi

Just got off the 17 day South America Antarctica 2 weeks ago. We had hat gloves and a ski jacket. We did need that 2 of the days while in Antarctica. Shorts were required for Buenos Aries and Santiago. It was an amazing adventure and you will love it. We had very rough seas in Drake's passage.

• 10 months later...

From my research, I understand the weather is VERY unpredictable. . . hot, cold and anything inbetween. My plan is to take a warm up suit, 2 turtlenecks, silk underwear, light cashmere sweater all topped off with a hooded windbreaker. I can rinse out the silks and have a change of turntlenecks. Princess does have laundramats onboard for those who do not qualify for the "free laundry" perk. The days of cold weather should be few. See you onboard soon . . .

Archived