Pre-Cruise Diet?

sunworshipperatsea

I always manage to put on 5-7 pounds every cruise holiday I take, and I have taken a lot! It's always a lot of fun but it's always a bitch to get those extra pounds off once the party's over.

Anyone else in the same boat? Do you have a pre-cruise diet that you follow before you go? Why not share some tricks and tips. How do you stay firm and tight, before and on your cruise?

I always manage to put on 5-7 pounds every cruise holiday I take, and I have taken a lot! It's always a lot of fun but it's always a bitch to get those extra pounds off once the party's over.

Anyone else in the same boat? Do you have a pre-cruise diet that you follow before you go? Why not share some tricks and tips. How do you stay firm and tight, before and on your cruise?

We do the good ole' 3 day diet..... works every time. Here is the WEBMD site. Good luck! http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

We do the good ole' 3 day diet..... works every time. Here is the WEBMD site. Good luck! http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

When I went to your WebMD cite, it stated on page 2 that the diet is a nutritionally unsound near-starvation diet in which the result is largely due to fluid loss, i.e. dehydration. And that ceasing the diet actually can leave someone heavier than when they began. Not appealing. Or am I missing something?

BTW, I've found that cutting out all sweets for a few weeks and upping my exercise usually helps me shed 3-5 pounds.

I've found the WW system does work when I've tried to follow it, although I've never been a full participant. Never been much of a follower I guess!

I'm not a big sweet eater so skipping them doesn't help me much. Not a big snacker either so what can one do?

I guess I need to be in touch with that guy, Will Power. We all know him, but he's not my constant companion.

Reduce your portion sizes.. then cut them in half... eat the first half, then wait to eat the second half until you are hungry again. Smaller, more frequent meals = faster metabolism.

It's fairly easy for me to cut out meat and dairy for a while, which helps a lot. Not necessarily a good idea if you don't have experience with it, but can at least reduce portions... and try using meat for flavor rather than bulk.

Hypnotherapy works way better than willpower. Let me know if you want a link to a hypno CD set on health and fitness that I use.

Diets can be dangerous (both physically and psychologically)... better if you can be proactive and make small, incremental changes to your diet as permanent lifestyle changes... over time, during the whole year... so that you're not in this position next time a cruise comes up. Now, off to take some of my own medicine ;-)

Archived