U232 Hotel

jonnyb1425

My fiance and I are looking forward to spending a couple of days in Barcelona prior to a cruise. After looking at many hotels I am leaning towards the U232 Hotel and I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad with it? The reviews looked pretty decent, but I am wondering what the location around the hotel itself is actually like. Also I am having a hard time finding how far it is from Las Ramblas. Does anyone know if it is in walking distance. This is my first cruise and my first time in Europe so any help is more than appreciated!

Hi there,

Using Google maps it shows the location of the hotel

in the left Eixample neighborhood. It is near some good restaurants but I'd use the metro probably if I wanted to go into the older part of the city. It is a 2.5 kilometer(1 1/2miles) walk to the Boqueria Market which is near the top of Las Ramblas. The nearest metro stop to the hotel is Hospitalet, on the blue line which goes straight to Sagrada Familia but you'd have to walk or change to get to a metro that goes to Las Ramblas.

Being near Las Ramblas is NOT a priority for me when I am in Barcelona as that is quite a touristy crowded street that I don't enjoy. IF you want to be a bit more central I'd stay closer to Placa Catalunya which is at the top of Las Ramblas. The street I like the best is Rambla Catalunya above the Placa Catalunya. A "rambla" is just a wide pedestrian street.

My fiance and I are looking forward to spending a couple of days in Barcelona prior to a cruise. After looking at many hotels I am leaning towards the U232 Hotel and I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad with it? The reviews looked pretty decent, but I am wondering what the location around the hotel itself is actually like. Also I am having a hard time finding how far it is from Las Ramblas. Does anyone know if it is in walking distance. This is my first cruise and my first time in Europe so any help is more than appreciated!

Hotel Jazz is part of the same chain as U232. It is more expensive than U232 but is much closer to Placa Catalunya, about a 7 minute walk.

Archived