Entertainment reservations on Allure for 4/1 - ugh!

mmcruise

I had my travel agent check with RCCL about entertainment reservations on Allure for 4/1.

She wrote me -

"They are having trouble loading the April schedule for all their ships. It's only happened one other time, but they are frantically trying to get it loaded. At this point, no one has an advantage, you can't book it direct with RCCL either."

If that is true, a customer service oriented company would:

1. Provide information to customer service reps to answer questions when people call.

2. Send an email or a letter (and golly, how about an apology) to all customers on affected sailings.

That's if it's true, and not just what your TA's RCCL rep made up on the spot. I have heard so many stories now that I'm not inclined to believe anybody.

And why is loading April so different from any other month? And why did shore excursions, specialty dining, spa and other for-pay options go up without a hitch?

Here I am, joining the already overflowing pot of frustration, representing my Roll Call. 65 days out and same annoying message. :mad:

MMCRUISE: I think your letter is perfect and explains very well all of our frustrations. If you are able to, email it to Adam Goldstein or post it on his blog for him to personally see it, and maybe this issue will be resolved once in for all.

I'm trying to figure out how to do that and not look like a nutjob by posting to a completely unrelated post. Any ideas?

i went ahead and booked or MTD and specialty dining based on previous sailing entertainment hoping not much changes. but with it taking so long i have a feeling EVERYTHING is changing!! i'm more worried about the entertainment options not fitting in with our dinner times than getting a seat (considering i am checking like 3-4 times a day)!

The problem I'm having with what some of what is coming out of RCI (difficulty loading the entertainment in particular) is that this is the schedule currently on the website:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/showtimes_AL.pdf

If they really knew what the entertainment options were, couldn't they update the PDF? Then put a message, "we are working to load the entertainment options for your cruise. Please check again [soon, in a day or two, next week, etc.]."

Since the PDF has not been updated, I say that they still have no idea what the schedule will actually be.

That's a great idea. I just had the umpteenth frustrating discussion with someone in Resolutions (I have my own department now), and suggested that they at least email everyone on affected sailings to acknowledge they know there's a problem. I'm in marketing and RCCL is handling this SO badly.

At least today's rep copped to the fact that they are getting a lot of calls from angry customers. Keep dialing, people!

Every time I call, I'm put on hold for 10-15 minutes and the rep comes back with the same lame answer: they're not loaded yet. Yeah, thanks a lot. I knew that. At least today, after I begged, I didn't have to listen to the wittle bitty baby talk voice of the sea. I was left on hold in blissful silence.

Thank you all for your support and commiserating with me during this whole nonsense. As far as I could tell, everything looks mostly the same as previous sailings. PDF "At a Glance" is NOT updated.

May you get all your showtimes and may your MTD reservations be compatible.

Just a note to add to the evidence of RCCL inconsistency....we are on the May 13 Allure sailing, our entertainment reservations also opened up today (thanks MMCruise for the update, that got me to look again)...but our specialty and MTD dining are STILL not open! :eek::eek::eek:

Don't try to make sense of it, just take deep breaths and walk away slowly....:confused:

bobj

Just to close the loop on this, FlowRider lesson reservations opened up at the same time.

So now that I have all my shows booked, what am I going to do with myself??? :confused: I have to just sit here and wait for the cruise! What fun is that?!?!?!?

:D

Archived