Entertainment reservations on Allure for 4/1 - ugh!

mmcruise

We're 71 days out from our Allure cruise on 4/1, and though dining and excursions have been available for a while now, no entertainment reservations are available yet! Just had an incredibly un-helpful discussion with a rep from Royal, who told me she didn't see it posted yet (yep, knew that already, thanks!).

So annoying as I'd love to wrap up my planning and make sure my MTD reservations are all at the right times. The sailing before ours, 3/27, has been able to reserve entertainment since November, but no luck for us.

What's the latest anyone's had entertainment released? Did it cause problems booking dining?

Thanks all!

MM - I'm in the same boat - going on the allure right after you (4/8). I just got an email today that said all of the items below are open for reservations (this included entertainment). However, when I go to pre-cruise planning nothing is available.

Most say its about 60 days out but why does RCI send an email telling you its available when its not - its so annoying.

Although the schedules are out there for the cruises prior to our were they actually able to book them online more than 60-90 days out? I also noticed that the dates are incorrect. The last 2 western cruise dates are 3/13 and 3/27 when the ship actually sails 3/11 and 3/25. Lots of errors all around!

Ooh, you're right - but according to their roll call, the 3/25 sailing, just a week before ours, was able to book entertainment back in November.

That email, which I got last night, is actually what set me off this morning. Classic case of two departments not talking to each other, I think.

I know, I know, there are bigger problems in the world, but still...

Will keep you posted if I see anything - I believe our 'window' will open up at the same time. We'll try to keep the ship together for you, and will wave as we tearfully exit that morning. :D

I noticed they have this problem with cruises at " the cut off" . When I was planning my Oasis crusie I noticed the "entertainment at a glance document" cut off at the end of March and at the end of November and the also in August, tho I can't remember the exact time. I just remember thinking...oh, oh, there are cruises that have sailed already and the doc is not updated for those cruises!:eek:.

When I saw it happen in Aug, and when the Sept through Nov one finally came up ( just after the first cruise listed on it had sailed already:rolleyes:), I knew we would not see one for the first week of Dec until we returned from our cruise after Dec 10...and I was right. It was not posted till after I came back.

So long story short, it appears they book/plan quarterly and you are sailing at the beginning of a cycle...keep checking the entertainment will show up online to book, but you will not get the 90 days other people do:( Ours also came out in dribs and drabs, one show available to book one week, another show not till 2 weeks later etc. It took about 3-4 weeks to get them all booked, checking every day:mad:

This is not posted on their website anywhere, it's just an observation I've made and seems to hold true so far!

We were also on the first cruise of a new "block" of entertainement reservations to be opened, and it happened at 63 days out.

There was someone doing a back to back - he was able to book entertainment for his first week (which was the last cruise of the entertainment block) months earlier than he was able to book for the second week (which was the sailing I was on.)

Guess it makes me feel a little better - since we sail April 1, we're definitely the very first cruise of the quarter. We're at 71 days, so maybe next week. It's one place they just don't seem to have their act together. The rep I spoke to on the phone yesterday took 10 minutes to figure out what I already knew - nothing is available yet.

It will just feel more real and close when everything is reserved.

This has been driving me crazy since about a month ago when I got my first email telling me that entertainment reservations were available for booking for my April 1 cruise on Allure. I tried, online site said they werent open. I called, rep said they were but there was something wrong with my account. She called me back four hours later and said my account was fixed and that I could make my entertainment reservations. Uh, no I couldnt. Got another email a few days ago, still nothing. After three phone calls I have now been told first week of February. Urghh!

I would keep checking back every couple of days. When I booked ours on Oasis last Feb (they opened in the summer sometime) entertainment was the last to be opened and when it opened one or two shows still weren't released. So I had EVERYTHING done except 2 shows and was worried I couldn't get into the ones I wanted to work with everything else. I checked every few days and they did eventually get it opened and working. Don't wait for them to contact you, I would imagine they'll do it w/out instant notification.

nydoll1, you're on the same sailing with us. At least you got some kind of answer - the rep I spoke to yesterday was totally clueless and kept giving me the canned "60 to 90 days out" answer. I'll just keep checking and post to the roll call when I see the reservations open up.

masonpips, I've read in a couple of other places that they open the shows up a few at at time - still more annoying. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called and got a bit of attitude from the rep on the phone when I asked if there was some issue with the entertainment that it's taking so long. We're almost at 60 days out, the outside edge of their stated window for entertainment reservations, and still nothing. "well, 60 to 90 days is more of a guideline...sometimes it's not 60 days..." Really??

So all of us with MTD, with times booking up every day, may be forced to decide: eat or see a show, right?

Ugh again...why bother even advertising that you can reserve times for shows if you're not going to follow through.

Massive Royal Caribbean fail...

I had the same problem with an early Dec cruise...my recommendation is to book MTD during a popular time eqch night now...then change 'em if they don't work. You can always add an inconvenient time later, but the 6:30-7:30 slots will go fast.

Also you can mock up what you "INTEND" to book by looking at the current "Showtimes at a Glance" and book your dining around the shows you hope to get. Usually the showtimes don't change too much, and if one or two do, or you can't get your first choice, you can always change your dining later. But by pre planning before its open, at least you will have a good idea of what you want and be ready to go when they finally do open. I'd keep checking daily ( or even twice!). Hope it's soon for you!

On our Allure cruise in November we were in the same boat. We were the first week in a new block and it opened months after the week before ours. Yes, it was very frustrating. Nothing you can do but check back SEVERAL times a day as the reservations will not open @ 9AM but may be anytime in the day and even at night. I ended up starting the booking process almost as the shows were opening, finding that I could book Chicago but not Blue Planet. You could actually stay on line and watch the bookings open up. It was very frustrating as at the time our son was a member of the cast of Chicago and Blue Planet and we really needed to get those reservations! I'll give you a tip that I learned and used when we were on the Allure in June.

First, find a show listing for the same kind of cruise (same ship same itinerary) and plot out when you want to go to what. Then make your dining reservations around that plan. Then keep checking back diligently and when the entertainment reservations open up, grab those that are on your chart and you'll be good to go! You want to get your entertainment reservations correct from the start because if you need to change one, you must first cancel the reservation and then make an new one so you always have the specter of being frozen out.

Good luck...She's worth it and so are the shows!!! Chicago, Blue Planet, Ocean Aria and the rest are worth the trouble!

I appreciate the recommendations and sympathy! It's tough to be a planner...

I did the best I could with my MTD reservations, guess-timating from the latest Eastern Caribbean schedule that was on the site, and when Adventure Ocean is open. There are a few shows that look like I'd like to take the whole family and some (like Chicago and comedy shows) that need to be after AO opens. Thanks for the tip that it won't necessarily be 9am and could be at night when reservations open up.

Very cool, fdthird, that your son is in the shows - what a great experience that must be for a performer.

Thanks again to everyone!

Big fat liars at RCCL. 59 days according to the Royal website, I checked this morning, and still:

Online reservations for Entertainment are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date or you can check once onboard for availability.

And if it begins less than 2 months from today? Still out of luck...

We are on the Allure the week after you, and I am able to book everything except our entertainment reservations. It is so frustrating when I call RC and I get a rep who knows nothing. This is the first time we are on RCCL after years on Princess and I am NOT impressed at all with their customer service. What they tell you and what is on the website are two different things. I hope that you able to book your reservations soon, when you do, I will be right behind you making ours. Happy sailing :D

Spoke to RCCL this am and they actually did offer some explanation. Apparently they are doing some "work on the stages" (whatever that means) which has caused mass cancellations/reschedules for the next few upcoming cruises and that's been the holdup. Waiting to hear back on when they will be posted.

Just sick and tired of checking several times a day to be disappointed. Plus, there are so many other things I'd rather be doing to get ready for the big day!

It's only a problem because it makes it impossible to schedule MTD times without knowing for sure when the shows are - but the thread on dinner in the WJ makes me think that might be a great alternative.

Dining became available for 4/1/12 around 10/28/11, along with excursions and spa reservations - more than 120 days out.

Funny how the stuff you have to pay for is available soooo early! :rolleyes:

Good to know for next year. Sound b2b in late March and early April. Curious to see the difference given the block releases.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MM - I'm in the same boat - going on the allure right after you (4/8). I just got an email today that said all of the items below are open for reservations (this included entertainment). However, when I go to pre-cruise planning nothing is available.

Most say its about 60 days out but why does RCI send an email telling you its available when its not - its so annoying.

I have received this email 4 times so far (once every 2 weeks or so)

Will be bummer if interesting showes are indeed cancelled.

BTW, have you joined roll call for allure 4/8?

Archived