Whittier to Anchorage transfer with tour

kmpjdd

We are taking a Princess NB cruise that ends in Whittier. Then we would like to take a transfer with a tour to the airport, where we will pick up our rental car to drive up to Denali.

We would like one of the 3- or 4- hour transfers that have the photo stops and a brief visit (45 min-1 hr) at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. We would like to arrive at the airport around noon. Can anyone recommend one of these transfer services?

I already looked at the Anchorage website transportation section, but all of the companies have same sounding names and trips, I am looking for people who have actually used one of these services. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

kmpjdd - We are looking for the same information. Would love to have someone comment on this :) Not sure the dates of the OP's trip, but we will be in Whittier on July 2, 2012 - need to make those reservations ASAP!

Just back from an amazing time on the Diamond Princess. We booked a trip with The Magic Bus, Tim Melican. Our driver was Greg and he was fantastic, he is very proud of his state! He went there to visit in 81 and never left! It was a private trip (we had 7 people) and it was a great ride back. We stopped at Portage Lake (Can't see the actual Glacier anymore) The Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center, drove to the Aleyska Resort, had lunch in Girwood at the 5th Chair (GREAT FOOD!) and stopped along the drive to view Dall Sheep. He also took us into a residential area to show us a view of Anchorage that was fantastic! On the way back down, I spotted a moose, and when we turned around to see her, she actually had a baby with her. There are many that do bus tours back, but I didn't want to be with 50 of my closest friends, being herded along the way. For us it was a great time. You could probably cut out some of our stops, but even with them, we were at the hotel by 2 or just after.

Beware, mosquitoes were out in force at the conservation center. I had brought Off spray with us everywhere we went, and that was the first time we needed it! (My family was very appreciative! :))

Alaska was breath taking, and we will return! Enjoy!!

Archived