What to do in Costa Maya?

udog21

I am a beach person and I wasnt sure what to do. I have never been to Costa Maya and Im not sure what to expect. Should I book an excursion on the boat or should I take a cab to the beach. I want a Corona beach!!!!:D

I'm not sure if this is the one at Pez Quadro, because we didn't reserve it, we just showed up and paid our $25.00. But it was a fantastic way to spend a day and I'm going back on Aug 1 and bringing about 100 of my friends with me.

Hello! We were just in Costa Maya on Wed (4/13) and had decided this would be our "beach" day so we purchased a shuttle ticket for $3 pp to go to Majahaul (mahaual). I say shuttle instead of taxi only because it was a little different than what I had expected (from what I read on this site) you can buy tickets right outside the cruise ship pier area (there are signs everywhere) and you stand in line and tell the ladies where you want to go and then you go and stand in another line with everyone who purchased tickets and they load up the buses (air conditioned) and make stops along the way, Majahal is only about 4 miles away and only takes about 10 mins. There is a sand road about a half a mile long where you have restuarants and shops on the right and beach chairs and table with chairs (from the restaurants) on the beach on the left (there are also many massage tents). We laid on the beach (almost at the end of the road) because there were fewer people and had a table with an umbrella if we wanted shade and it actually belonged to a restaurant but let us use it because we were drinking beer all day- Sol was $2 a bottle and ice cold. If you feel like a massage then I recommed the people at the very end of the road on the left, no tent, but uses the shade of a huge tree and is right on the beach, we chose them because they were all dressed in white- appeared clean- and the tables were nice and neat. $20 for 20 mins and worth every penny- even my boyfriend got one and didn't want to get up at the end :) Costa Maya is very beautiful but is also pretty rural, the restrooms were few and far between with no running water in them so I recommed you bring antibacterial wipes. Last week when we were there was Jelly fish mating season and they were EVERYWHERE (I actually thought they were seaweed) because they were about the size of a half dollar and dark green, but the local man we met informed us what they were, we didn't have any problems with them but apparently they can leave welts. I do know some of the cruise lines water excursions were cancelled because of them, so hopefully they will be long gone by the time you make it there. Have fun!! Sorry about the length, I talk a lot too ;)

Archived