MDR on Voyager

benona

5 Nov 2012 will be our first cruise and wonder if anyone is able to tell me what to expect in the MDR in terms of seating allocations? There will be 5 of us (DH, myself and 3 boys - 4, 6 and 9 yo). DH wants to know if we are likely to be seated with others or on our own?

5 Nov 2012 will be our first cruise and wonder if anyone is able to tell me what to expect in the MDR in terms of seating allocations? There will be 5 of us (DH, myself and 3 boys - 4, 6 and 9 yo). DH wants to know if we are likely to be seated with others or on our own?

Depends on the table size you requested. It you requested a table of 6 than good chances no one else will be seated with you. If you requested a 8, 10 or 12 table than chances are others will be seated with you. Also it's important to note that even if you request a table for 6 that's not a guarantee that you'll get a table for 6.

I'll not suggest that you can be on your own by just allowing the boys to fill up on desterts the first night :D

But seriously: The day you board the ship go to the MDR and check out your table. If it doesn't meet your needs there will be a MDR manager at the door manning a computer making changes. The programs in Adventure Ocean draw the kids in very quickly and unless you insist the boys eat with you every night they will probably want to stay with their "ship mates" for dinner. Ususally after the first night the young people are gone for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks. I am thinking that as they get older a food-inclusive holiday like a cuise will be the only way we can afford to travel :)

IMHO: After raising 5 of my own I"m sure you are correct! They will get plenty to eat so don't be surprised if they grow a size or two on the cruise. :eek:

You might request at table for 6. If your kids are used to eating later, then late seating, otherwise, early seating.

Also, if your kids prefer to eat and run...they can always eat at the buffet then head to Adventure Ocean (age groups) and the adults can eat without kids.

Bon Voyage

Thanks for all the advice....it is pretty likely that we will look at the big table....however, I woul feel bad if someone allocated to our table looked and me and my crew and decided that we were their worst nightmare...my kids are pretty well behaved and I would like them to share dinner with us a few times...

Archived