Anyone tried the Classic Romance Package?

Ggrrl1

My husband and I are going on the Explorer next week and I'm thinking of surprising him with the Classic Romance Package. It is described as follows:

This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Champagne and Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit fours after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten this package and if they thought that it was worth the $100.00 price. Also, is the photo just one from the myriad of the ones they take of you throughout the cruise or is it specially done? Thanks, I'm so excited to be cruising again!

We got it on the previous cruise, and thought it was good value, so we ordered it for our next cruise too.

The food is nice, but it's not as if you're short of food on the cruise anyway! The normal breakfasts we have ordered from room service have been plenty, but the breakfasts you get as part of the package are huge!

The portrait is one of the ones they take of you through the cruise. The frame is nice though.

My DW & I got the $200 one, with the robes included on our last cruise. I got it because my DW wore out the robes from our first cruise (in 2000) & I thought it would be nice to get her new ones.

The robes were in the cabin when we got there, along with the champagne & vanilla cupcakes. There were also a booklet with coupons for the free picture & frame & some of the other items. The champagne was very good. We gave the cupcakes to the room steward.

The breakfast in bed includes a mimosa or bloody mary & had choices of things like Spanish omelet or scrambled eggs with cavier. Actually quite nice.

The picture we got free was a formal light pix, the free frame was very nice.

The pre dinner appetizers were decent & the good night snacks were good Chocolate Covered Strawberrys & other sweets.

I keep thinking I'm missing something in this deal, but the package with the robes is a great deal & I think the champagne is a step up from the $100 package. My DW reminded me of the other thing, flowers were in the room. She says we've gotten better flowers on the ship, but she doesn't know I've spent more on them than I told her I did.

We were both happy with what we got & when she wears out the robes, we'll do it again. BTW, the cabin steward brought us robes to use on the ship so we didn't have to open the take home ones.

My husband and I are going on the Explorer next week and I'm thinking of surprising him with the Classic Romance Package. It is described as follows:

This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Champagne and Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit fours after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten this package and if they thought that it was worth the $100.00 price. Also, is the photo just one from the myriad of the ones they take of you throughout the cruise or is it specially done? Thanks, I'm so excited to be cruising again!

We get it every cruise. Love it!!!! You pick your photo. The breakfast in bed one morning is my fav....

I think I'm in. It will be a nice surprise for our second honeymoon - the first one, we went to a five star all-inclusive that was not all that great, and my husband got a foot infection! We should have just taken a cruise!

I got the $200.00 package on last cruise also and it was great as everyone has described! I had never tried caviar before that and enjoyed it withe breakfast! The champaign wasn't bad and the petit fours & canapés are tasty! The robes will take up space in luggage as they are bulky and will add weight!

• 1 month later...

We get the Classic Romance Package every cruise, even when we're sharing a room with the kids. The Champagne and Cupcakes for the sailaway are nice, the breakfast is also from an expanded menu and includes Mimosas and Bloody Marys, and the canapes and desserts add to the special nature of the formal night. But the best part is the picture and frame. Get tons of pictures taken whenever you get the chance (you don't have to take any of them.) You can pick the one you like best and have it framed. We have a wall that is now decorated with ten of these pictures.

• 1 year later...

Trying to get some updated information on the Romance Packages.

Wondering as previous poster whether you can exchange the sparkling wine for a red or white wine?

Additionally, what spa treatments are included with the Ultimate Romance Package II?

Trying to get some updated information on the Romance Packages.

Wondering as previous poster whether you can exchange the sparkling wine for a red or white wine?

Additionally, what spa treatments are included with the Ultimate Romance Package II?

I'd also like to know if you can exchange sparkling wine for red wine. I think I will get the classic romance package, but would much prefer red wine!