Has anyone cruised on Gate 1's "M/S Sound of Music"?

outandabout

Hello!

This will be our first river cruise, Budapest to Prague, on M/S Sound of Music. We purchased our cruise from Gate One Travel.

Has anyone sailed lately on this ship or on any ship of Gate 1's? I've searched on C/C and found only a very few old posts. I'm interested to know of past cruisers' experiences on this ship, i.e. food, customer service, cabin, etc.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

on different ship..not sure if that will help,,but found ship,food,service,etc..to be on par with the other major lines I ve used.

Only problem we encountered was they seldom had top deck open,,said "bridges too low",,but oddly saw many other ships open ...so not sure WHY,,but a real drawback. Perhaps they use older ships,,with less clearance?

They re prices are low,,but have less choice as to dates.So ,,besides above experience,,have never gone on another. Would rather pay a little more up front,chose best dates for us,,and have newer ships with better amenities..esp..the regular balcony ones now starting on AMA,Viking,etc.

on different ship..not sure if that will help,,but found ship,food,service,etc..to be on par with the other major lines I ve used.

Only problem we encountered was they seldom had top deck open,,said "bridges too low",,but oddly saw many other ships open ...so not sure WHY,,but a real drawback. Perhaps they use older ships,,with less clearance?

They re prices are low,,but have less choice as to dates.So ,,besides above experience,,have never gone on another. Would rather pay a little more up front,chose best dates for us,,and have newer ships with better amenities..esp..the regular balcony ones now starting on AMA,Viking,etc.

Thank you. I can see about not enjoying a scenery because no one can go up to the top deck if it's not open. It remains to be seen on this ship.

I chose them because of the available dates on the Danube itinerary which coincides with the flight I booked using my mileage. It's quite a challenge to be able to do so because flights using mileage are not always available. Especially summer next year with the summer olympics coming up it was almost impossible to get a free flight from British Airways. Anyways, I'll just as well enjoy the first time experience and if river cruising is for me, I'll look for other companies in the future.

Archived