Currently on Diamond - bus accident

lc50

yesterday in Mazatlan an excursion bus was involved in accident.. 12 people went to hospital.. 2 serious and 2 others stayed - the others were released with minor injuries.. apparently the bus overturned.. captain made announcement during bingo and that we would be leaving late after passengers came from hospital.. a spanish speaking officer stayed with hospital patients to ensure they were taken care of.. that's all we were told so other than seeing people with bandaged hands & arms, neck braces, that's all we know.. we eventually left maybe an hour late - captain never did make a follow up announcement... linda

I certainly hope those involved are alright. I alos hope that they all had travel insurance. Is this one of those "what if" instances that get involved in the insurance debates??? Scaryy for those on the bus I am sure!

Get well soon all!

Casey

I sure hope everyone is O.K. I'm glad a Spanish speaking officer stayed with them.

Reminds me of last Aug. when my adult daughter and I had a Moped accident in Isla Mujeres, MX. (Never - Ever - rent a Moped in or around Cancun Mx.). We just hit a curb trying to avoid traffic, but I wound up in a little clinic on the island for 16 stitches to the knee. I had a very difficult time understanding what was going on around me. The upside: ambulance, doctor, nurse, anesthesia, use of the clinic room - $30 USD - wasn't worth reporting it to my insurance co. Back in Cancun - the hotel doctor to change dressings on three different visits was $85 USD.

Lesson learned,

Kaye

Archived