What time to arrive in Bayonne for shortest wait?

Pandot

I have read and searched for this answer but can't seem to find a direct answer.

I am travelling with my toddler (who has some special needs) and is not a good "waiter". I am trying to keep everyone sane because no one needs to be stuck in a waiting room with my son in a bad mood. We live 90 minutes or so from Bayonne.

What time should we arrive for the shortest wait in Bayonne? Initially I was planning on leaving home around 11:30 and arriving 1ish. But then I read that 12-2 is the busiest time in Bayonne.

Should we instead plan to arrive early? (i.e. leave home at 9:30 to arrive for 11?) That only concerns me since the cruise before is a repositioning cruise from SJ and there are often more delays with disembarkation on repositionning cruises.

Though we live close, I worry about arriving later than 2 since we leave at 4 (all aboard is at 3:30). God forbid we get stuck in traffic, we could miss the trip (and my sister's wedding on the first sea day) entirely.

I am going to be posting this on the eastcoast board as well.

Thanks for the input.

I live only 20 min. from Bayonne and have sailed several times from there. I think you would be better off arriving between 11:00 and 11:30. If you arrive too early, the rooms may not be ready and if you arrive too late, you will hit the crowds. People start arriving as early as 10 a.m., but then they have to wait until the ship is ready for embarkation.

In either case, it's a judgment call. I have arrived early (11 a.m.) and because of a computer glitch, we could not board and had to sit in the terminal to wait. By the time we were allowed to board, it was packed. You take your chances, either way. Just remember to bring a "bag of tricks" (as I call them), for your little one to keep him amused, in case you do have to wait. Have a great trip, once on board you'll forget the hassles of getting there!!

11 is good...at least if you're waiting you will be in the terminal and they should at least have lemonade and cookies......

you really don't want to be late and risk being denied boarding...

they usually start boarding around noon or so, but since it's a repo it may be different....between 11-11:30 the line isn't too long and moves pretty fast

We have sailed out of Bayonne and Manhatten...we always get there between 10:30 and 11:00...we have never waited more than an hour and we have walked right through checking in and have gotten right on the ship a couple of times....no... you're room isn't ready..but, eat...explore...relax...you're going on a cruise;)

Archived