I love Carnival

Bobbicat

We have cruised over 20 times most of those being with Carnival. Though we have seen changes over the years, we have not been dissapointed with the product. Maybe it's because we don't expect Carnival to make our vacation for us.

They are our Hotel for a week while we stop at different destinations that we chose. Our expectation is to be well fed, entertained, and valued as a repeat customer. Carnival meets those expectations far better than any "hotel" including any AI's we have visited.

While my heart and prayers go out to those involved in the recent events, my confidence is still with Carnival and I didn't for a moment ever consider changing my plans for my cruise in five days. As a matter of fact, I booked my next cruise for April this week after the fact.

I haven't tried all cruise lines, only three. I don't doubt that I would enjoy cruises with other lines as well. But as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." As long as I am still happy and confident in the product, I will not change.

I don't love CCL - I cruise them and other lines.

My expectations are realistic.

CCL provides a low cost cruise - for the price an excellent value.

Their target market/model is to be the low cost provider - and it has been successful.

Each line has their strenghts, weaknesses and target markets.

RCL - more for families wiwith teens (as per their activities).

HAL - more service, better food

Celebrity - more upscale than RCL

Oceania - FOOD, FOOD, FOOD

Depending on the time of year, itinerary, price, who we are traveling with - will determine which line we cruise.

No line is perfect

Try different lines to see which one will be your favorite.

I enjoy all my cruises, but some more than others.

I have cruised many times on Carnival, and will continue to do so. Just booked 6 people on the Glory for Sept. 2012. However, I do believe the level of service has somewhat declined in recent years, especially in the dining areas. I am not going to let this stop me from enjoying my cruises, but I do wish to make the observation. I don't fault the employees, as I feel there seem to be less of them, which increases their workload, and therefore does not allow for a lot of the extra attention I was used to seeing in the past.

I for one am having BIG doubts about CCL as a corporation in whole. Its not just the wreck , I can handle that. Its the whole thing. Its the screening process they use on hiring the officers, hey the Capt was the only one that bailed out early. Now it seems they had Illegal passengers onboard , what does this say about security on the ship. I have a cruised booked and will take it . But after this one , not sure if we will be back , and you can say cya we don't need you and thats fine but if you can bet there are others like me and my wife and the couple we travel with that feel the same way. Just my 2 cents , no I am not a troll and we have always liked sailing Carnival.

which is exactly the cruiser that will be most affected by images of a capsized ship and the tainted main stream media.

imo, they have shot themselves in the foot on this one. not only have they slowly been abandoning their return customer, they can't even launch a frequent cruiser program other than having failed announcements of such.

And they are also the ones that can't distinguish between Carnival Corp., Carnival Cruise Line and Costa.

I don't love CCL - I cruise them and other lines.

My expectations are realistic.

CCL provides a low cost cruise - for the price an excellent value.

Their target market/model is to be the low cost provider - and it has been successful.

Each line has their strenghts, weaknesses and target markets.

RCL - more for families wiwith teens (as per their activities).

HAL - more service, better food

Celebrity - more upscale than RCL

Oceania - FOOD, FOOD, FOOD

Depending on the time of year, itinerary, price, who we are traveling with - will determine which line we cruise.

No line is perfect

Try different lines to see which one will be your favorite.

I enjoy all my cruises, but some more than others.

Love my HAL cruise.better food, more elegant, more service but after 10 you have to go to bed.

Carnival have more FUN. But yes I will cruise again with HAL

I do believe some people "troll" cruise line sites they don't like so they post negative crap :eek:!!!

And here's proof!

A question was asked and a question was answered.

FWIW I don't dislike Carnival but then again I don't dislike Greyhound. Both have their place. And their clientele...

I will pass.

Carnival sold out to 1st timers and people with zero expectations..

I agree with everything but the "sold-out" part. They were NEVER a contender in the "pleasure cruise" market. Similar to a limo vs Greyhound bus. I use them as cheap transportation. I'm rarely disappointed.

frito58 you are only fooling yourself if you think things like that don't happen everywhere. People are just that people they are going to do things that shouldn't.

They are going to do things against the rules. It happens everywhere.

So that makes it right???? We all drink the kool-aid bury our heads in the sand and go LALALALALA and let it happen again.

I should take my own advice on something if a price is too good on something there probably is a reason , which is probably why you can book Carnival cruises so much cheaper than other lines , I just never thought they would cut corners on Safety.

That's a great answer. Might borrow it for my cruise hater friend. All this publicity and especially 20/20 made it worse and now I never hear the end of it. Enough already.

Haha us too. We have friends who HATE Carnival and all we have heard for a week is "See, told you so"! You know what, they have never even sailed on Carnival before.

The thing is, this could have happened on any cruise line. If this coward was the captain of an RCI ship, would people be saying the same thing? Costa may be owned by Carnival CORP not CCL, but they are completely different entities.

I have sailed on Costa, RCI, NCL and Carnival. While Carnival has made cuts, so have OTHERS. I like Carnival for family prices. So I guess the crack by the poster that compared Carnival cruisers to people who use Greyhound may think I am nothing better then trailer trash but I don't care. Oh and by the way, my parents who could definately afford to cruise the higher end cruise lines definately prefer Carnival then some of them because they have less "stuffiness" so if that makes them trailer trash too, then so be it.

With all due respect, if you don't / won't sail Carnival, why are you reading / posting on the Carnival site? The bride and I sail different lines. In Feb., we are cruising on Carnival so I read / post on the Carnival site because that's the line I'm cruising on. I see no reason to view / post on other lines sites. I do the same when we cruise RCI and the one cruise on NCL.

I do believe some people "troll" cruise line sites they don't like so they post negative crap :eek:!!!

I SO agree with you!!

Archived