High-Speed Sapsan Train Information Needed

bw333

I am looking for information about Sapsan Train for STP to Moscow and back. Do you know what class ticket you had? How was the train for comfort? Any food/drinks available for purchase? I will be using a tour company, not sure what class tickets are included in quoted prices.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

The trains are called Siemens Velaro RUS an are in the family with the german ICE 3 high speed train.

In the german version they have a bistro in one of the carriages but i don´t know if the russians have this also and if possible i will go for first class if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is info. Go to Russian railways to view schedules and prices. It is about 3:45 minute journey but you arrive in the city thus avoiding a long journey thru traffic from the airport.

The Sapsan is a high-speed electric Moscow train of the Velaro RUS series produced by Siemens Transportation Systems, and capable of a maximum speed of 250 km/h. The train was named after the fastest bird on the planet. The peregrine falcon, known in Russian as the sapsan, can reach speeds of over 322 km/h, or 90 m/s. Each train has 10 carriages, of which two are first class and eight are second class. The price of a first class ticket includes hot food (with a choice of meals), as well as reading materials and travel packs (containing ear plugs, eye masks, and slippers), and also children´s packs. Passengers in second class carriages can order hot food from the bistro carriage for additional payment, use the internet, and also access video and audio programmes. Buying a Russian train ticket on the Sapsan through our company is easy.

on the private tour information sheet, it mentioned that business class seats on the train were $200 more pp RT than economy class. In reality- are the business class seat coach worth much more than economy class seats- in the picture from the website- all the seats look nice and comfortable?

Thanks, Kathy

Archived