St Marten excursion for kids

pomlover

ok, I don't know what to do here with my kids. I know we will like to do something water related. BUT.. I am seeing most beaches keep saying clothing optional?? Can anyone help in steering me to the best excursion for me and kids that are 8 and 12?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
ok, I don't know what to do here with my kids. I know we will like to do something water related. BUT.. I am seeing most beaches keep saying clothing optional?? Can anyone help in steering me to the best excursion for me and kids that are 8 and 12?

Don't know about excursion, but we have cruised and flown to St. Maarten twice and both times we took our Son to Maho beach. He LOVED watching the planes landing and taking off and the beach there is really nice. This is him waiting for the plan to come in:

BG

Also, we did the Rhino Boat. It was great fun for him. Not only do you tour the Island, but then they stop and you can snorkle. They have ones for 3-4 people.

BG

All I know is that we are all headed to the beach by the airport. With almost all teen boys, I am not to worried about the "clothing optional" part because most of the time its older people anyway! Plus when I told them about the beach they all got excited (they wont see much I promise that) That is life! But they want to hold on to the fence and watch the planes sooo I am ok with that! Its free......

Guest LoveMyBoxer
All I know is that we are all headed to the beach by the airport. With almost all teen boys, I am not to worried about the "clothing optional" part because most of the time its older people anyway! Plus when I told them about the beach they all got excited (they wont see much I promise that) That is life! But they want to hold on to the fence and watch the planes sooo I am ok with that! Its free......

LOL! Hate to dissapoint them, but Maho beach (by the airport) is not one of the nude beaches since it is on the Dutch side. However, I guarantee the boys will have a blast!

Don't know about excursion, but we have cruised and flown to St. Maarten twice and both times we took our Son to Maho beach. He LOVED watching the planes landing and taking off and the beach there is really nice. This is him waiting for the plan to come in:

BG

Also, we did the Rhino Boat. It was great fun for him. Not only do you tour the Island, but then they stop and you can snorkle. They have ones for 3-4 people.

BGa

Thanks for the Great information! Is there a way to get to this beach? I am not sure what pier we are stopping at though? ?? And the Rhino boats sounds great also! Is there an age limit and way to check this out too?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thanks for the Great information! Is there a way to get to this beach? I am not sure what pier we are stopping at though? ?? And the Rhino boats sounds great also! Is there an age limit and way to check this out too?

Neither one of these is near the cruise ship. You will need to take a taxi to get to Maho Beach and/or the Rhino. Last time we did it, we asked the taxi driver to come back for us at a certain time. However, not sure if you will be in port long enough to do both! Make sure to check with the taxi driver about road conditions and traffic. Last year there was a lot of construction going on which took twice as long to get there.

Sorry, forgot about the minimum age. Here is a link to their website and in the FAQs page I think it says minimum age is 5: http://www.sxmrhino.com/

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thanks again for the information ! I will check it out!

Just as an FYI, if neither one of those pan out, when we stayed there we stayed at the Westin at Dawn Beach, non-naked. It is a beautiful beach and you can't beat Mr. Busby's for drinks and food! $1.00 Coors.

I don't know if the Westin has a day pass, but it is a PERFECT Hotel:

BG

BG

BG

Archived