WiFi or Internet on Sky

dixielandings

We are sailing in 2 weeks and leaving our 2yo DD with her devoted grandparents (if I make it through this trip without breaking down in a heap of maternal emotion at least once, it will be a miracle). ANYWAY, we want to be able to Skype or FaceTime while we're gone. Is there WiFi on board? Or will be stuck with paying through the nose for I'net access?

Thanks...

We are sailing in 2 weeks and leaving our 2yo DD with her devoted grandparents (if I make it through this trip without breaking down in a heap of maternal emotion at least once, it will be a miracle). ANYWAY, we want to be able to Skype or FaceTime while we're gone. Is there WiFi on board? Or will be stuck with paying through the nose for I'net access?

Thanks...

WiFi IS Internet access. ;)

Wait for a port with a Cafe with free access. Skype/FT will be troublesome on the ship.

Here's NCL's web page listing the costs of internet access:

http://www2.ncl.com/about/staying-connected-sea-internet-access

There have been reports that Skype is blocked on the ships due to it's high bandwidth usage. Some have reported being able to Skype if they first use a VPN connection to their home or office server.

Even if you do connect, you will be using a very slow connection and will probably not be happy with the results.

Archived