Jacksonville Airport

Cool Breeze Cruiser

How long does it take to get from the airport in Jacksonville to the cruiseport?We usually fly in the day before a cruise but can not this time.

We will be flying in to Jacksonville nonstop from Nashville on a 1 hour 25 minute flight arriving in JAX at 11:25.

Also, is it best to take a cab to the cruiseport?

Thanks!

It's about 12 or 13 miles, about 15 to 20 minutes.

http://www.jaxport.com/cruise-ferry/cruise-terminal-info/cruise-faq

Enjoy your cruise on Fascination - we love that ship!

Thanks for the quick reply! We cruised on the Fascination in 2008 out of Jacksonville but can not remember the airport. We flew in the day before last time.

You don't think we will have a problem getting to the cruiseport in time with our flight arriving at 11:25?

This is a last minute getaway & I haven't booked the cruise yet but got such a great deal on the flight I booked it first! lol!

Thanks for the quick reply! We cruised on the Fascination in 2008 out of Jacksonville but can not remember the airport. We flew in the day before last time.

You don't think we will have a problem getting to the cruiseport in time with our flight arriving at 11:25?

This is a last minute getaway & I haven't booked the cruise yet but got such a great deal on the flight I booked it first! lol!

Congratulations on finding a great deal on airfare and a nonstop flight at that! There should be no problem getting to the cruiseport in time if your flight arrives at 11:25. You might even make it onboard before you can go to your cabin yet, lol. I can't help you on transportation between the airport and the ship as we have always driven our car. Perhaps someone else can offer advise on that. (I guess a taxi would be about $25 - $30.)

Congratulations on finding a great deal on airfare and a nonstop flight at that! There should be no problem getting to the cruiseport in time if your flight arrives at 11:25. You might even make it onboard before you can go to your cabin yet, lol. I can't help you on transportation between the airport and the ship as we have always driven our car. Perhaps someone else can offer advise on that. (I guess a taxi would be about $25 - $30.)

Thanks again!

I did find a great deal on air! $59 each way plus I had some credit on Southwest bringing our total from Nashville to $214.20 roundtrip for the two of us so I couldn't turn it down! Now I only hope to get a good deal on the cruise in the next day or two! lol!

Our flight out does not leave until 5:10 PM. Any advice on what to do after we leave the ship?

Hmmm... the zoo or the beach, maybe? Probably not enough time to go to St. Augustine. I think you will need to rent a car for the day to able to do much of anything. You might find some ideas here:

http://www.visitjacksonville.com/things-to-do

(I don't know what type of cabin you will be looking to book, but our favorite category on Fantasy class ships are the porthole (PT) cabins, which are priced the same as 4A's. If you are close to the sailing date, this category might be all gone.)

• 2 months later...

Which airline did you book through if you don't mind me asking? We are looking at flying instead of the initial plan of driving from the Nashville area. Today Southwest is $99 each way.

Ahhhh the BNA-JAX run. I have done that flight so many times. Thank you for flying with us!! The airline used to put us up at a hotel by the cruise terminal and it was about a 15 minute drive. If you're looking for a place to eat, try Nicole's cafe. It's off Heckscher Drive, which is the road to the cruise terminal and the zoo is connected to. Nicole's is on the east end, cruise terminal is in the middle and the zoo is on the west end after all the oil refineries. It's a complete hole in the wall and has some of the best seafood I've ever had. They don't have a website but here's their urbanspoon page: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/44/1482954/restaurant/Northside/Nicoles-On-The-River-Jacksonville . I would call before you go because their hours are kind of weird. And their burger is HUGE, tastes amazing and costs $5. The owners are really nice, actually appreciate your business, and love talking to their customers. When I pick my work schedule I always try and pick an overnight in JAX just so I can go there. That's how good it is.

Archived