Quick Question - No Passport for 2 year old...

cecelia0613

We leave next weekend for a cruise and our 2 year old Granddaughter is going along with her parents. She does not have a passport and I know that could be an issue if they were to have to fly home, but that is not my question.

When you get off in a port they typically tell you that you have to have a picture ID and your seapass card to get back on the ship. Since they plan to use the birth certificate for the granddaughter what will be expected for her to get back on the ship if they get off in port? It's too late for them to get a passport now since we leave next Saturday.

Thanks for any replies!

If it's a "closed loop" cruise, you do NOT need a passport. Under 16 doesn't need a photo ID....your grandbaby's BC is fine. Someone adult will carry her seapass and BC, if needed...they will tell you if ID is required to reboard in ports.

Only those 16 and older need photo ID's to get back on the ship.

That's right, my boys are 6.5 and 4 yrs and no photo id was required for them. The security people see their picture on the computer screen when they swipe their card, so they can verify who they are ;) The only photo id they have would be their passports, and I'm not bringing the actual passports to shore.

I always wondered why we all have to produce photo id when they have all our pictures...

Archived