Questions for recent Dream cruisers?

Steve-N-Steph

Hi we are going on the Dream in March, Eastern Itinerary. I was wondering if any recent dream cruisers could tell me what night the formal night is? Is there just one or two?

Also I read in a different thread that they are using face recognition kiosks to view your photos now? Does anyone have any details about this? Are they still actually printing your photos to look through or has it gone all digital? Thanks!

ohhh good question! I'm one of those weird-o's that have a photo budget... I would love if I didn't have to go through all those images of course it might be a little sad to not see the strange guys (aka fellow cruisers) staring at the damsel with the pirate's sword under their neck. Doh, the more that I think about it, then I won't be able to see my friends photos unless they accompany me to the photo booth. Last cruise we bought one of the large group, but then also individuals of each couple - which may not be able to happen if they do the facial recognition.

I hope someone comes to answer soon... my imagination is working overtime...

We were on the Dream in Sep. and had a BLAST! but we were on the western cruise.

To answer your questions:

There are 2 elegant nights. The first one will be on Sunday evening (which will be on the day you stop in the Bahamas) And the second will be on Thursday (which is a sea day)

As far as the pictures and face recognition goes. They start with taking your picture in front of a green screen, right before you go onto the ship. And when you go to the photo gallery they have Flat screen tv's you can interact with and you slide your Sign and Sail card and it reads your info. And whatever pictures you have taken on the ship they show up. Now the Kiosk werent open in the gallery for a couple days, i think they were having some issues. But they DO still put pictures up of everybody. Its actually kinda fun to stand around and look for your pictures and get to see all the goober people on the ship with you. LoL! OH and when you go to use the Kiosk and you start looking through your pix and you see somebody elses pictures. Dont be alarmed the Facial Recognition software, goes by certian features of your face. So if somebody has some similar it might show up. If this bothers you, just let somebody working in the Gallery know. Or if you had pictures taken and you cant find them or they dont show up. Make sure to ask. They will find them for you :D

If you have any other questions about the ship ask away!! Shes a BEAUTIFUL ship, yeah it gets kinda crowded. But we had so much fun we are going back on her in May. And i can not wait!

We were on the Dream in September as well. They still post the "paper" photos but you can also scan your sail & sign card on one of the monitors and it will pull up your photos. Some of our photos were missing (we never did find them) and we had at least 10 other people included in our "photo viewer". It was a little weird but it provided us some entertainment.

There will be two elegant nights. I believe the first one is on Monday and the last one is your last night of the cruise. We had our photos taken in numerous places around the ship and the photos with the piano turned out really well.

If you're interested in buying your printed photos do it as soon as they're posted because if you wait until the end of the cruise you'll be sorting through thousands of photos sitting in boxes. :)

I have done both the Eastern & Western itineraries on the Dream. For both, the elegant nights were on Night 2 & Night 6. I wouldn't think they would do an elegant night on the last night, as most people have stuff packed away and in suitcases sitting in the hallways by then. They are called "elegant" nights now & not "formal" nights, so that people don't feel pressured to go crazy with the dressing up. Several people will still go all out, but you don't have to. Whatever you do, you won't be the only one.

I have done both the Eastern & Western itineraries on the Dream. For both, the elegant nights were on Night 2 & Night 6. I wouldn't think they would do an elegant night on the last night, as most people have stuff packed away and in suitcases sitting in the hallways by then. They are called "elegant" nights now & not "formal" nights, so that people don't feel pressured to go crazy with the dressing up. Several people will still go all out, but you don't have to. Whatever you do, you won't be the only one.

K2 Thanks! We plan on doing only one formal night and going to the Steakhouse on the other one. I wanted to go ahead and make our reservations ahead of time online, so it looks like day 6 it is! Loved your review and pics of the Dream. I have a feeling my teenagers are going to love those slides!

K2 Thanks! We plan on doing only one formal night and going to the Steakhouse on the other one. I wanted to go ahead and make our reservations ahead of time online, so it looks like day 6 it is! Loved your review and pics of the Dream. I have a feeling my teenagers are going to love those slides!

Day 2 and Day 6 are elegant dining nights. The steakhouse was wonderful. My teenaged daughter, niece and nephew enjoyed the teen club. I tried to peek in one night in to see what they were doing, and all teenagers booed me. I got out of there real quick! LOL

I believe you can get a photo package if you have your photos taken. I can't remember specifically. We just purchased one 8 x 10 and it was over $20 per photo. The photos they take in the dining room are a bit cheaper and the "random" photos they take with characters and signs are smaller and a few dollars cheaper.

As far as the elegant nights go, I know the first one is the day after you board and I thought the last one was the last day onboard. I could be wrong. It could be 2 days before you disembark.

• 1 year later...

I would reverse that and do the steakhouse on the first elegant night. Otherwise you'll miss the sing-along and fun stuff at dinner on the last elegant night!

Edited by blue_water