Yet Another Stroller Thread :)

hollster8

We are going on our first cruise with DD this November on Carnival Legend and I am wondering if our current stroller will be helpful. We have The First Years Jet

the-first-years-jet-lightweight-stroller-shades-of-grey.jpg

It reclines, but hardly. Maybe like 2 inches. We bought it to travel to visit my family and it worked great for the airport but I'm wondering if we'll want something that full reclines for DD to sleep easier. She'll be almost 18 months at time of sailing.

I've heard good things about Chicco Liteways, but I don't want to buy another umbrella stroller if this one will do.

So...

What do you veteran cruisin' mamas think? Will DD be able to sleep just fine in this stroller even if it only reclines a few inches or should I get the Chicco Liteway (or something similar)? We already have three strollers--travel system, jogger, and this one--and I don't know how silly it is to buy yet another stroller.

Would our jogger be too annoying to bring? (Baby Trend)

13248525.jpg

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice!

What type of room are you in? We've been in a balcony and a JS with strollers and I would want the smallest stroller possible in the balcony. It was tight in the closet storing even our smallest stroller. The JS, on the other hand, was enourmous. Both in floor space and closet space. The stroller barely took up any room in the closet and we brought our bigger stroller for that trip.

Also to consider - does your DD sleep well in the stroller normally? My DS doesn't, we were back in the cabin for naps so bringing a stroller good for napping wasn't necessary for us. Do you need the storage space a bigger stroller's basket will provide? That was a big part of my motivation for bringing the bigger stroller the second time - it has 2 cup holders and a HUGE basket.

HTH and enjoy your trip!

What type of room are you in? We've been in a balcony and a JS with strollers and I would want the smallest stroller possible in the balcony. It was tight in the closet storing even our smallest stroller. The JS, on the other hand, was enourmous. Both in floor space and closet space. The stroller barely took up any room in the closet and we brought our bigger stroller for that trip.

Also to consider - does your DD sleep well in the stroller normally? My DS doesn't, we were back in the cabin for naps so bringing a stroller good for napping wasn't necessary for us. Do you need the storage space a bigger stroller's basket will provide? That was a big part of my motivation for bringing the bigger stroller the second time - it has 2 cup holders and a HUGE basket.

HTH and enjoy your trip!

This is a really good point. I don't think DD has EVER slept in her stroller! If we are out and she's tired, she usually falls asleep on DH's shoulder. Our current umbrella stroller has an under storage basket and cupholders so we should be good there.

We'll be in an inside cabin, so from what you said the jogger is totally not an option (which I assumed would be the case).

Thanks!

FWIW--

(after extensive research and trying out strollers, specifically for cruising, since we cruise a lot and Traveling GingerBaby will be going with us frequently)

we just bought the Chicco (pronouced "Kee-Ko" who knew) LiteWay..

It is in NoWay an umbrella stroller... Just FYI

it reclines Fully (to flat, you could change a diaper if needed) and then colaspes to very small (will easily fit in closet in cabin), it weights about 16# and has a side handle for easy carrying... it is very sturdy, much more so then many we looked at.. and has a narrow wheel base compared to others, for ease getting around in the narrow halls of the cruise ship(costs about $140)

~Dont get the LiteWay confused with the Capri, the Capri (about $80) IS an umbrella, the LiteWay is Not.

for us, the basket space of this stoller was not as important as in our "big Adventure" storller (more of a jogger type for the zoo, fair, festivals etc) for our "cruise storller" lightweight, compact, and sturdy' was tops, we figured around the ship, we did not need as much cargo space, as the cabin was always close, so enough space for a diaper, changing pad and wipes, and maybe one bottle is all we need, in port we would be carring a backpack (which is his diaper bag anyway)

(PS- this is the 5th stroller:rolleyes: we've bought for The Traveling GingerBaby and is only One of Two that I like that we have);)

chicco.jpg.5d3cc6f119b6e7d33b5cbecbadd801d5.jpg

Archived