Waterproof wristwatch? suggestions?

croozluv

Do you plan on purchasing a water proof wallet/bag to bring valuables with you while on an excursion? If yes, then just slip your normal watch in there...

My DH has a Citizen ecodrive...he seems to like it very much but it was a bit pricey (around $350 or so)...but he wears it as his every day watch so he's gotten his money's worth out of it for sure. I personally don't have a waterproof one and rely on his while we are off ship.

I wouldn't buy a new watch just for the cruise, but if you are getting one for every day wear anyway- try an Ecodrive (they don't use batteries, your movement throughout the day is what powers it!) ...

My DH has this one (I'm pretty sure), but I know we did not pay quite that much! Yikes! :eek:

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-AV0021-52H-Eco-Drive-Titanium-Calibre/dp/B000EQRYMM/ref=sr_1_17?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1327439248&sr=1-17

I really like this women's one- but I would not pay that much. Double Yikes! :eek:

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-EW0890-58X-Eco-Drive-Accented-Stainless/dp/B0014LD1CS/ref=sr_1_3?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1327439376&sr=1-3

Enjoy your cruise!!

I love my Eco-drive! They are expensive, but they last forever. And they charge from light...natural or artificial.

there is "waterproof" and there is water resistant. i suggest you read the differences as to what they mean as a true waterproof watch is way more expensive and may not be what you need/want.

unless you are deep scuba diving, a timex that is water resistant will work just fine. no need to spend a small fortune unless you choose.

my timex (bought at JC Penney) is worn in the shower, swimming, snorkeling, rapelling waterfalls, white water rafting class IV rapids and even on my beginner scuba dive. most watches will say on the back case 10m, 50m 90m etc. meaning how deep you can go while staying "water proof". however, like others have said, once the seal is broken, as in changing a battery, sometimes it's not "water proof" anymore.

my less than $50 timex states WR (water resistant) 50m.

I hope this helps.

Read on these boards that it's a good idea to invest in a good waterproof wristwatch with alarm capabilities so that you can wear the watch on excursions and set an alarm for when it's time to be back on the ship.

Great idea! The only experience I have with waterproof watches are cheap ones that quit working after their first time in the water though.

Anybody have any suggestions for a good waterproof watch that has worked well for you?

Pretty much ALL watches are waterproof for snorkeling. Otherwise, sweat would get inside the case. As long as it doesn't have a leather band, I wear my watches in swimming pools and the ocean, without a problem. Diving more than 15 feet is another story. Then you have to decide how much you like the watch.:p Once the battery has been changed, this becomes more "iffy".;)

I love my Eco-drive! They are expensive, but they last forever. And they charge from light...natural or artificial.

Mom & I both killed our Eco-Drives within weeks of each other. There is something inside that does have a lifespan. Once it goes it can be expensive to replace. Both watches lasted 3+ years, though I have others that are much older and have had no problems. I have taken them snorkeling.

Looking to get a new one onboard. They are a good price at 40% off retail. Better than at Kohl's on sale with a coupon.

Loved the Timex Commercials--

http://ialreadyhaveawatch.com/watch-articles/general/timex-watch-vintage-commercial-videos/

Archived