Snorkel in Belize

MARCELENA

I was wondering if anyone knows if the snorkeling is better in the Brrier Reef or at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve? I found the following snorkeling options below....

1. Star Tours-Option 1-Shark Ray Alley, Coral gardens and Channel

-Option 2-Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray alley

3 Coral Breeze Tours- Shark Ray Alley and Coral Gardens

Please let me if anyone has done any of these tours. We love to snorkle and want to see the most amounts of fish. I am not too worried about the prices. I know everyone says Coral Breeze, but I am just checking around. I am worried that there will be too many people in the water with Coral Breeze. It looks like you get to snorkle longer with the Star Tours.

THanks Marcy

If you like to snorkel as much as I do consider going to Goffs Cay. We went there last March while on the Pearl. I booked through Island Marketing. I would use them again. Once you tender to port you sign in at there booth. They then take you by boat to Goffs Cay (about a 30 minute ride). Once there you can stay on boat to snorkel or snorkel off the island on your own. We cose to snorlel on our own. The snorkeling was great. Plenty of coral and fish with crystal clear warm water. You will have pelent of time to snorkel or enjoy the beach.

We've snorkled Bannister and Goffs and found much better snorkeling along the actual barrier reef. Of course, it's more of a production to get there and there is no shore entrance but it's great snorkeling. We did sharkray alley and saw just a couple sharks, but tons of rays plus alot of other fish, Cuda, great reef. Would do it again.

Lots of pictures from a Coral Breeze tour:

04 - Wed, Nov 16, 2011, Belize - 8am-5pm

Page1 - Bridge, Tenders, Kicking up mud, Tendering, Ship from tender, Fort Street Tourism Village, Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion,

Page2 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Snorkeling part, Green Moray, Shark/Ray part,

Page3 - Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports Shark/Ray Snorekling and Caye Caulker Excursion, Sharks and Rays, Lunch on Caye Caulker, Tender back to ship

We prefer Coral Breeze Tours for the snorkel trip in Belize & local lunch on Caye Caulker & do this with them probably two times a year for the last ** years.

Heni is the leader of this group & gives a great snorkel tour, among the very best in the Caribbean. She was born on & still lives on Caye Caulker.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

If you like to snorkel as much as I do consider going to Goffs Cay. We went there last March while on the Pearl. I booked through Island Marketing. I would use them again. Once you tender to port you sign in at there booth. They then take you by boat to Goffs Cay (about a 30 minute ride). Once there you can stay on boat to snorkel or snorkel off the island on your own. We cose to snorlel on our own. The snorkeling was great. Plenty of coral and fish with crystal clear warm water. You will have pelent of time to snorkel or enjoy the beach.

Do you have a picture of the boat you took from the TV to Goff's? How many people were on your tour?

I have read that Geoffs Cay the reef is dead. I think I still want to snorkle on the reef instead. I am still trying to figure out if I should do Coral Breeze or Star Tours. I know that coral reef got good reviews, but I also heard that the Star Tours is more snorkeling and also less people.

I have read that Geoffs Cay the reef is dead. I think I still want to snorkle on the reef instead. I am still trying to figure out if I should do Coral Breeze or Star Tours. I know that coral reef got good reviews, but I also heard that the Star Tours is more snorkeling and also less people.

Marcelena, check out trip advisor for reviews concerning Star Tours. You can e-mail members for additional info @ their experience with ST.

Good Luck and enjoy.:)

Archived