Balcony or Suite????

tanner1449

Carnival called me asking if I would like to upgrade to a suite...It comes with VIP status...Is this worth another 300 bucks per person??? Is it really worth it not to stand in the long lines???

$600 for an Ocean Suite, I'm guessin'? Is the cruise a seven day? Regardless, that's a bunch of money... in fact, that could be another cruise in an inside cabin!!!

I'd pass...

;)

Carnival called me asking if I would like to upgrade to a suite...It comes with VIP status...Is this worth another 300 bucks per person??? Is it really worth it not to stand in the long lines???

Based on the limited amount of information (no ship, no cabin, no date, who is going, etc) I say YES, suites are much nicer and well worth the extra money.

That decision depends on your individual circumstances ( ie. budget ).

If my wife & I had an inside cabin for a 7 day cruise and could upgrade to a suite for $600, we would take it. Of course that's because we're partial to the larger suite in the first place. Don't do it to save time in a line when checking in. :D

Unless you care about the extra space and bathtub, such as you have a small child, I'd pass. But we dont know if its a grand suite or what.. seems a pretty high price to upgrade.

I already get VIP which is nice, but I would not pay anything for it.

Funny thing is that on our Magic Med cruise last October we were in an OS and had priority boarding. I was so excited about that until my DH pointed out that the non VIP's were boarding ahead of us. Seems that there were so many VIPs on the ship that we had to wait our turn. So please don't spend the extra $$ just for priority boarding but do spend it on the extra room size if that is what is important to you. The Ocean Suites are big and really made our cruise special.

Agree the VIP check in only provides a place to sit and wait these days. I regret spending more for a suite once then for a balcony. Only neat thing was being on the top of the ship and a great location. But was not worth 400 a day upgrade.

Archived