ES gone 8 months out!

steff613

I thought early saver was usually around til about 5 months out? We sail on the Legend Sept 16 and Im diligently watching for price drops. We have an 8B balcony booked and they are offering upgrades from them to higher decks does this mean 8B's are pretty full which im thinking will lower my shot at price drops later on?

Even if your cabin type sales out, you should still be able to qualify for ES. We booked an extended balcony category that sold out quickly but when the category above us dropped, I submitted a claim form. I explained on my form that our cabin was sold out but the cabin type above ours was cheaper than we had paid and our ES was approved. In fact I submitted 2 claims in this way on that cruise. Good luck.

ES is capacity controlled. I booked 14 months out an 8C. At 12 months out, the 8As disappeared from ES, but there were still plenty available at other rates. A couple months later 8Bs were no longer available by ES, but still plenty of 8Bs for other rates. A couple months later8Cs no longer available in ES. Then ES disappears all together at 5 1/2 months out.

At anytime, you can price match to other rates that you qualify for such as past guest, resident, etc. Try doing a mock booking using another rate, and you should see 8Bs still available.

i've actually been wondering what ccl will do about their es program, as i expect fares to plummet as new bookings do the same, due to all the pics of a sunken carnival corporation vessel.

Unfortunately the stock price hasn't taken a long-term hit as expected, so I'm not sure fares will either.

Note that since the initial plunge of ~15% in the stock price, it's already recovered about half of that.

Unfortunately the stock price hasn't taken a long-term hit as expected, so I'm not sure fares will either.

Note that since the initial plunge of ~15% in the stock price, it's already recovered about half of that.

I agree. I was hoping for somewhere around 25 bucks a share. I was planning on buying some more if it got down there, but looks like it ain't gonna happen.

i've never known stock prices to dictate cruise fares. :rolleyes:

i've never known stock prices to dictate cruise fares.

Neither have I. :)

Cruise fares do, however, dictate stock prices to some extent.

Much to the chagrin of Carnival Corp.'s competitors, the public is not particularly aware who owns Costa. People briefly fled the stock, but they're already creeping back.

i've actually been wondering what ccl will do about their es program, as i expect fares to plummet as new bookings do the same, due to all the pics of a sunken carnival corporation vessel.

I'd imagine its in the fine print that CCL can cancel or change the ES program at their discretion. I hardly think CCLs new bookings and fares will plummet in this situation. The Costa Concordia capsizing was a tragic accident and any reasonable person can see that it is unlikely to occur again.

I'd imagine its in the fine print that CCL can cancel or change the ES program at their discretion. I hardly think CCLs new bookings and fares will plummet in this situation. The Costa Concordia capsizing was a tragic accident and any reasonable person can see that it is unlikely to occur again.

it's the only logical reason all the lines seem to be publishing pr letters. new bookings have dropped in the last week and a half <again, speculation>

I'd imagine its in the fine print that CCL can cancel or change the ES program at their discretion.

No, they can't change the rules of the fare after the fare is booked. They could theoretically stop offering ES fares or change the rules for bookings going forward, though.

There are ES rates on the Legend on 9/16/12. The current 8B ES rate is $624 and the Past Guest Rate is $639 if you book an 8A but you get an 8C. Keep checking because prices change all the time and categories come and go too.

it's the only logical reason all the lines seem to be publishing pr letters. new bookings have dropped in the last week and a half <again, speculation>

Good corporations are proactive rather than reactive. Chances are they wrote those letters right after the incident to prevent or mitigate a drop in new bookings, but chose to wait a tasteful amount of time before posting them.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. This is prime vacation planning time for the whole year with a lot of us having to pick our vacation weeks at work. The PR letters are a proactive approach to show they are fully aware of what happened and reassurance that they are doing everything possible so it does not happen ever again.

My ES fare (booked in June for January cruise) never went down - only up, up, up! Finally disappeared, but higher categories never went down either. Leaving this Sunday. Last week, couldn't book the cruise anymore, so I guess we were at full capacity then.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. This is prime vacation planning time for the whole year with a lot of us having to pick our vacation weeks at work. The PR letters are a proactive approach to show they are fully aware of what happened and reassurance that they are doing everything possible so it does not happen ever again.

i see ncl just joined the bandwaggon.

There are ES rates on the Legend on 9/16/12. The current 8B ES rate is $624 and the Past Guest Rate is $639 if you book an 8A but you get an 8C. Keep checking because prices change all the time and categories come and go too.

guess that goes to show you how often stuff changes, i looked at fares right before i posted and there were NO ES rates showing! I am booked in an 8B at the $624 so ill just keep watching!

Archived