Pearl fwd penthouse 4 people?

rileyj

We are planning to take my MIL on a cruise on the Pearl. My wife is looking at the forward penthouse 10502. NCL is telling her that we can fit 3 adults and a 17mo. in this cabin. I've seen some pictures of the fwd penthouse and I'm thinking we will be cramped in that cabin. Can those who have cruised in these cabins tell me their opinion?

We are planning to take my MIL on a cruise on the Pearl. My wife is looking at the forward penthouse 10502. NCL is telling her that we can fit 3 adults and a 17mo. in this cabin. I've seen some pictures of the fwd penthouse and I'm thinking we will be cramped in that cabin. Can those who have cruised in these cabins tell me their opinion?

We love the forward penthouses on NCL, and if you're doing Alaska, that's the cabin to have.

However, I'd have to agree with your concern. The cabin is one room, smaller than it looks on the NCL website. It technically does sleep 3 adults, with the sofa converted to a bed, but once that sofa is folded out, you won't have much room left in the cabin.

If you need a crib for the young one, you'll probably have to have them take out the dining table and chairs to use that space.

Of course, the sofa will only be folded out at night, so the day times in the room won't be as bad.

I'd consider two adjoining balcony cabins, but of course then you don't have the suite perks.

We are booked in 10500 for a Panama Canal cruise, because of the extra space.

We are booked for November in 10500 (initially the Pearl, now on the Jewel) - two adults and two children (12 and 13). Do you think we'll be OK? The booking engine allowed it which surprised me when I saw the listed capacity as 2-3 people.

From the photos that I've seen taken by passengers on different websites, 10500 and 10000 look pretty big with the bumpout. try the website cruiselinerooms, click on Norwegian then Pearl and you will see pictures of 10500 and or 10000. You will have to judge whether it's big enough, I don't know your kids. It does have a full size sofa as opposed to the loveseats that the other PH's have.

late last year NCL went into scramble mode when the new loveseats arrived and they were single beds not double. They removed all SE and SF rooms from inventory and adjusted all with 4 people to either the 2 br suites or adding an inside room to the booking to handle the extra 2 people. We are going to be three in an SF penthouse and hope it works out. I think there will be pleanty of room in the day - it will just be wall to wall beds at night.

Archived