Kapalua Kai or Paragon in Maui?

pugsbest

We are going on the Wind to Maui in August. Are thinking about doing either the Kapalua Kai "Picnic Snorkel Sail" to Honolua Bay or the Paragon Charter "Lanai Snorkel, Beach Picnic and Performance Sail" to Manele Bay and Hulopo’e Beach. Has anyone done either of these trips. We are especially interested in information on the cabin area of the Paragon boat. My travelling partners don't do a lot of sun and need a nice, shaded area.

Thanks,

Julie

One thing about the Kapalua Kai, and it's not cabin-related. Honolua Bay is a great snorkel spot (one of the best, IMO) with easy shoreline access. Y\In the water you'll be surrounded by a lot of people who aren't from your boat, who just drove to the parking area along the road, walked down the lovely old road to the rocky beach, and entered the water at the old boat launch. You have to swim out a couple hundred yards, but it's very easy with fins. And you swim by a bunch of boats like the KK.

I've snorkeled here a lot, and have never taken a boat to it - why bother when it's simply... right there?

My point is that I like my snorkeling excursions on a boat to take me to a place that's difficult, if not impossible, to get to via your car and a short hike (Hello, Molokini). It'd be like paying $75+ per person to take a catamaran to Black Rock... what is the point?

• 2 weeks later...

How about Teralani II? They offer a 5-hour "Premier" trip that sounds great. They leave from Whaler's Village at 9:30 a.m. so we can get off the ship in time. Does 2 locations -- sometimes Lanai or Molokini per their website.

Archived