Carib. Princess: Decisions... decisions... decisions...

Commodore64

As the planning of our family cruise has progressed, it has become as intricate as a planning a military operation.

My lovely DW is attempting to plan where we have dinner based on the "dinner theme" of the evening. We want to work in an evening at Sabatinis as well as an evening at Sterlings. She was wondering if there was a way to determine the theme nights either before or just after getting on board.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in just 22 short days.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

C-64

Island night will be the day you are in St. Maarten on Eastern itinerary or the day you are in Jamaica on the Western itinerary. Look for menus by using Search to find the other theme nights in the restaurants.

The nightly themes as I recall them: Sailaway, Captain's Welcome Aboard Dinner, Italian Night, Caribbean Night, Chef's Night, Captain's Farewell Dinner, Landfall. Not sure if the order is correct, and it may be subject to change. You can probably ask to see the menus for the week to help with your decision.

Personally, I think Italian Night has the weakest menu, so I would go to Sabatini's that night. That said, DH and I have done Sabatini's twice and probably won't do it again for a while. A fabulous dining experience - but way too much to eat at one sitting.

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

Chris

I have the menus on my website but it has been reported lately that some nights may have been switched around.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/menusA.html for eastern itinerary or

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/wmenusA.html for western itinerary.

At least this way you'll know which theme nights to opt out of for the specialty restaurants.

Bill

I have the menus on my website but it has been reported lately that some nights may have been switched around.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/menusA.html for eastern itinerary or

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/wmenusA.html for western itinerary.

At least this way you'll know which theme nights to opt out of for the specialty restaurants.

Bill

It's late and I haven't had dinner yet. These menus brought back a lot of delicious memories

Monday night was caribbean night. The least appealing of the menus for us so we went to Sterling. Unfortunately it was a disappointment. Poor service, food and maitre d'.

Mary65,

Was Monday night Caribbean night on the Eastern or Western itinerary?

Kurt

Was Miguel still the Maitre'd at Sterlings? He couldn't do enough for us.

Bill

Bill,

I don't recall his name, however when the maitre'd came by asked how our steaks were prepared, I cut into mine and it was still running "red" he turned, walked away quickly and said not a word. I asked for it med well, butterflied since it was a filet. The steak then went back again only to be returned for the third time with the rest of the food ice cold. I have never seen a plate returned from a kitchen that wasn't redressed before coming back. Our server seemed to be stationed on the other side of the room and we were her only table on the far side which may have contributed to her forgetting about us.

Bill,

I don't recall his name, however when the maitre'd came by asked how our steaks were prepared, I cut into mine and it was still running "red" he turned, walked away quickly and said not a word. I asked for it med well, butterflied since it was a filet. The steak then went back again only to be returned for the third time with the rest of the food ice cold. I have never seen a plate returned from a kitchen that wasn't redressed before coming back. Our server seemed to be stationed on the other side of the room and we were her only table on the far side which may have contributed to her forgetting about us.

Mary,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Sterlings. I hope it didn't deter you from enjoying the rest of your cruise.

Bill

Archived