Singles Cruise for non-singles

KWBWDW

I was all set to book a week to Mexico in May, but I hesitated when I saw that it was a singles cruise. How big of a group is it likely to be, and will they dominate portions of the ship with private parties?

I belong to Singles groups and it really doesn't matter how many are on the ship because they always eat late dinner together on the AFT of the dinning room. They arrange to have activities in areas that nobody is using. You will not even know who they are because they like to hang out together. It is usually 160 persons on up to 400 persons cruising on

Holidays like Halloween. Believe me.... they will not get in your way at all. I say average is 200 persons. I have cruised 10 times with several

singles groups.

I have also cruised when there was a singles group on board and I hardly saw any of them around. Nothing to worry about.

op--I am a single person and feel hurt reading your post--while I am sure that was not your intention--all singles are not party animals or what ever else you perceive us to be--maybe we should be confined to one area--and treated like we have leprosy

op--I am a single person and feel hurt reading your post--while I am sure that was not your intention--all singles are not party animals or what ever else you perceive us to be--maybe we should be confined to one area--and treated like we have leprosy

that was a joke... right ? :confused:

I cruise with a large group from here on CC a couple of times a year. We usually have a Meet and Mingle as well as a private cocktail party. I don't think we've ever taken over a space that would otherwise be open to the public. Sometimes there are around 100 of us and sometimes we've numbered over 300.

I was on a cruise one time that had about 600 people from the same travel company on the ship. They did block access to many area's. Frequently they would have the whole lobby blocked off for their use (both day and night), the Wine bar was closed to their private functions on over half of the evenings.

The question wasn't as much about singles as it was about a "group" period. A large group with a number of private functions would take portions of the ship away from other passengers. From other responses, it doesn't appear they usually have those kind of numbers, so I imagine it isn't an issue.

Archived