Inexpensive yet clean hotel in Old San Juan??

SugarStar00

I've done some searching and can't really find a thread specific to OSJ. We are going to have two days to kill in San Juan after our cruise and looking for a decent hotel for sunday into monday preferably in OSJ because that seems like where we can just walk around and save money on cab fare. We are flying out Monday night at 6pm to save $375 on airfare so hoping to spend less than that on our extra time in San Juan. I have looked on trip advisor but it doesnt filter just OSJ so hoping for a few ideas. Thanks so much

Jen:confused:

I've done some searching and can't really find a thread specific to OSJ. We are going to have two days to kill in San Juan after our cruise and looking for a decent hotel for sunday into monday preferably in OSJ because that seems like where we can just walk around and save money on cab fare. We are flying out Monday night at 6pm to save $375 on airfare so hoping to spend less than that on our extra time in San Juan. I have looked on trip advisor but it doesnt filter just OSJ so hoping for a few ideas. Thanks so much

Jen:confused:

Da House! Clean, comfortable and cheap, right in the heart of Old San Juan. I think it starts at about 80$ per night. Can't wait to stay there again!

Hey there! We're here at Da House right now. There is a computer you can use that is hooked up to the big screen TV in the lobby but there is no printer.

It was very noisy last night but we managed to fall asleep anyway, we were so exhausted! Our room faces the alley to the entrance of the club, so the noise came straight up into the room. But its more like a dull roar of people and music, like your neighbors are having a big party. If that sounds bad, don't stay here! Lol The location is terrific - we can see the cruise ship from the rooftop! Yay! We went to La Bombanera for breakfast - just about 5 minutes away and as delicious as everyone says! Go early or be prepared to wait! We were there at 8:30 & when we left there was a line forming.

The rooms are small & simple, but because it is a very old building, the ambiance is wonderful! Walls & floors look old & timeworn, but sheets, towels, etc. are all clean and nice.

No amenities in the bathroom besides soap & towels, so be prepared. We are in room 406, and the bed was okay - kind of sunk in the middle though. The stairs will kill you. Be ready for that!

it is definitely an experience to stay here, but if you are looking for a 'normal' hotel, you won't find it here. I'm glad we chose this place, because it is really cool, but next time I think I would go elsewhere. Even this morning when it is relatively super quiet, you can hear everything that goes on because of all the open areas. Every time someone ones in or leaves, there is a buzzer at the door that I can clearly hear! Lol

It will be nice to just walk to the ship when we are ready to though!

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Hey there! We're here at Da House right now. There is a computer you can use that is hooked up to the big screen TV in the lobby but there is no printer.

It was very noisy last night but we managed to fall asleep anyway, we were so exhausted! Our room faces the alley to the entrance of the club, so the noise came straight up into the room. But its more like a dull roar of people and music, like your neighbors are having a big party. If that sounds bad, don't stay here! Lol The location is terrific - we can see the cruise ship from the rooftop! Yay! We went to La Bombanera for breakfast - just about 5 minutes away and as delicious as everyone says! Go early or be prepared to wait! We were there at 8:30 & when we left there was a line forming.

The rooms are small & simple, but because it is a very old building, the ambiance is wonderful! Walls & floors look old & timeworn, but sheets, towels, etc. are all clean and nice.

No amenities in the bathroom besides soap & towels, so be prepared. We are in room 406, and the bed was okay - kind of sunk in the middle though. The stairs will kill you. Be ready for that!

it is definitely an experience to stay here, but if you are looking for a 'normal' hotel, you won't find it here. I'm glad we chose this place, because it is really cool, but next time I think I would go elsewhere. Even this morning when it is relatively super quiet, you can hear everything that goes on because of all the open areas. Every time someone ones in or leaves, there is a buzzer at the door that I can clearly hear! Lol

It will be nice to just walk to the ship when we are ready to though!

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the info! We will be there Saturday night!:D:D:D:D

We were in SJ in 2010 and stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Casablanca. Quaint small hotel. Very simple, no extras in bathroom, rooms small, but we didnt spend a lot of time in the room anyway, nice rooftop terrace you can watch all the ships docking. It is right on the main drag in Old San Juan - we got the room thru hotels.com for under $100 a night. Staff great, got in around 10pm and they made us coffee and toast. Be forwarned though no elevator, just lots of stairs, but the staff took up our bags. Also kept our bags as check out 11 but couldnt go to ship till 4 - we were meeting the ship in SJ that is why the late embarkation. Would stay there again in a heart beat. Staff was great suggesting local places to eat and what to see (non touristy things)

Archived