Budget rental- stranger terms?

moesyk4

We are booking a one day rental from Orlando to Port Canaveral through Budget. We went through rentalcarmomma's website and it had a coupon code for 30% off your rental when you go through them.

We made the reservation, printed off the docs, and I read them and it said "E6 rate terms: Friday night stay required return rental by Monday checkout before Sunday"

To me that would seem like I needed to keep the car all 3 weekend days to get the rate. I called the number on the reservation sheet and they said it was fine, those terms only applied to a 3-4 day rental, but the number was the 800- number (it's an airport location so I couldn't find just a direct number)

I can get the car for like 5 bucks more with no restrictions listed, but I don't want to pay more if it's not necessary. But I also don't want to get down there and they say that rate isn't valid and I have to rent at their current rate. Any ideas?

So funny how 2 people read things differently.

The way I read it, it means that you have to keep the car overnight Friday, and return it no later than Monday. It's essentially a cheap weekend rate, designed to exclude business travellers.

If your rental did not meet the terms of the rate, the computer wouldn't have allowed you to use it.

Archived