Hoilday Inn POM

bigsmooth

We loved it.We were there June 2011 and have another room reserved for June 2012. There is a CVS about 1 block from the hotel for things yuou may have forgotten or things that you might not be able to carry onto the plane. I never felt unsafe. Bayside Marketplace is just across the street from the hotel. There's shopping, food, and several activities there. As for food I don't think I can remember all of the restaurant names but I do know there was a Hard Rock, Hooters, Bubba Gumps, and several more. We really did enjoy our precruise stay. I do know that the Holiday Inn and Bayside get a lot of mixed reviews, but we honestly didn't have a single problem. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We had purchased our stay from last minute travel and there were no issues with that either. The next morning when we were ready to go to the port, there was a guy standing there on the street that hailed a cab for us. I can't wait for June to get here. As a matter of fact I'm thinking about booking 2 precruise nights there instead of 1. Good luck with hotel searching and have fun!

We loved it.We were there June 2011 and have another room reserved for June 2012. There is a CVS about 1 block from the hotel for things yuou may have forgotten or things that you might not be able to carry onto the plane. I never felt unsafe. Bayside Marketplace is just across the street from the hotel. There's shopping, food, and several activities there. As for food I don't think I can remember all of the restaurant names but I do know there was a Hard Rock, Hooters, Bubba Gumps, and several more. We really did enjoy our precruise stay. I do know that the Holiday Inn and Bayside get a lot of mixed reviews, but we honestly didn't have a single problem. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We had purchased our stay from last minute travel and there were no issues with that either. The next morning when we were ready to go to the port, there was a guy standing there on the street that hailed a cab for us. I can't wait for June to get here. As a matter of fact I'm thinking about booking 2 precruise nights there instead of 1. Good luck with hotel searching and have fun!

Thanks so much.

Bayside Marketplace has restaurants and shopping, by the water and right across from the Holiday Inn. For us, it's a close place for eating and relaxing the night before the cruise. The taxi ride is relatively inexpensive to get to the cruise port the next morning.

Stayed at POM Holiday Inn 1-14 night before our cruise. Taxi fare $30 with tip. White knuckle ride as driver never slowed down for anyone.

Its was just ok. Expensive for what you get. Our room was small and staff quite inattentive to guests needs. Location was good as we enjoyed walking and eating at Bayside Marketplace for dinner and breakfast.

Made our wine stop at CVS close to hotel.

Better hotel choices for the money in the Miami area. We stayed here only because thats where the group we were sailing with had booked.

Holiday Inn POM was overpriced before renovations. I cannot imagine what they are charging after. There are many hotels in the area that are nicer and less money.

Here is an example:

For the night I needed a room I got the Hyatt for $88. It was a $6 cab ride to Bayside, so $12 both ways to go to Bayside for shopping and dinner. For the same night the Holiday Inn was $170.................. hardly a bargain.

Archived