Deck plans app

LoveThisCruisingThing

I'm upset that my HTC Jet Stream tab on the android OS isn't compatible with ship mate. It makes me sad :(

I had an Android Samsung phone which had a free downloadable version of Ship Mate before having to pay a small amount for the Apple version for my iPhone. The paid version has some additional functions but the free Android version had deck plans & many of the other things in the paid Apple version.

I'm upset that my HTC Jet Stream tab on the android OS isn't compatible with ship mate. It makes me sad :(

Yes. Ship Mate works fine on my Motorola RAZR phone, but it's not compatible with my Xoom tablet.

So I am not really all that tech savy, my question is while using your Iphone app while on the ship do you have to be on the internet? I guess I need to know if I will see additional charges when I am using the app while cruising? Thanks for the replies in advance....:D

So I am not really all that tech savy, my question is while using your Iphone app while on the ship do you have to be on the internet? I guess I need to know if I will see additional charges when I am using the app while cruising? Thanks for the replies in advance....:D
I just tested ShipMate in airplane mode. You can access the ships, deck plans, contacts (where you can enter friends' cabin #'s, helpful if you're taking an independent tour with others on your roll call), and budget (where you can add budget and actual costs). You cannot access the ship cams or location, which goes to the website that tracks ships. That means its still quite useable without using WiFi or cell.

I also am not tech savvy at all. :o You can use this app while out to sea as long as you have phone on airplane mode without chancing any extra charges? What if you received a phone a call? :confused: Guess I do not know what the airplane mode is all about. I have been wishing I could use the app on the ship. Thanks

I always put my phone on airplane mode when I'm at work to stop it from roaming all day and using up battery since I have no signal there. I'm pretty sure it just makes the phone part of your phone unusable - you can't make or receive calls. Everything else about your phone works so the apps that don't require the network or internet still work.

I love the Shipmates app and plan on using the deck plans on the ship so we don't get lost. It's our first time on a ship the size of the Crown & can't wait!

Archived