Carnival or NCL?

stagpuder

Hi all...I am trying to plan a cruise this October. We are not new to cruising, usually cruise Princess and have found that Celebrity has been our favorite. We are going to be traveling with a 5yo and 1 yo twins this year. We have never cruised with Carnival or NCL. Can someone give me some feedback? Our biggest draw is food quality.

If we cruise with Carnival we will have a Vista Suite and an Aft View Extended Balcony on the Pride or 2 balconies on the Miracle. If we cruise NCL we will have 2 family balconies on the Jewel.

Thanks so much!

Since you're traveling with a 1 year old, one thing to consider is that NCL just announced a new Youth Program to be deployed throughout the fleet during the next few months. The new program will have a nursery for babies beginning at 6 months of age. That way, if you would like to have dinner at one of the more formal venues, or just need a little break, you can always drop your baby off at the nursery.

Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't offer baby nurseries on any of its ships...:mad: Believe me! It makes a HUGE difference to have this option!

Don't know if it will be available when you sail on the Jewel in October, but I know the Norwegian Gem will be the first one to get the nursery in February.

I would go Norwegian if you can swing being in one of their Suites. You cannot beat the Butler and Concierge Service. The Gem and Jewel both have 2BR Suites that would be perfect for you. It is a real first class vacation.

Archived