Radiance of the Seas-$70 specialty restaurant deal

Has anyone purchased this deal? Is so..

Can you choose the nights or only on certain nights?

Did your purchase it in advance or on board?

If purchased in advance were you able to book the nights in advance?

We have enjoyed all of the same restaurants on Allure but wonder how good they are on the Radiance. They seem to 'shoe horned' intisome odd locations.

Thanks for any info!!!!

We have enjoyed all of the same restaurants on Allure but wonder how good they are on the Radiance. They seem to 'shoe horned' intisome odd locations.

Thanks for any info!!!!

Hi there.......yes we purchased the package last September on the day we boarded. The restaurants in our package were Izumi, Chops, Giovanni's and Samba Grill. You can select any night you want to go.

The breakdown is $17.50pp for each restaurant. With Izumi, since there is a $5pp cover charge, and everything on the menu is ala carte, that $5 is deducted from your $17.50 leaving you $12.50pp to use for dinner. You can really order a lot of food for $12.50

I purchased this for my son and we got the Chefs Dinner Package. You can choose your nights and change them if you need to. There is no difference in booking them online or when you board except how you pay for them. Enjoy - we did.

Thanks for any info!!!!

I don't know if your sailing is different or not, but we just booked this (in advance of our cruise).

On our sailing it is called the Chops dining package. I thought we could possibly ignore the Chops reservation part, but you are required to book the reservation (Chops only) when you book the package.

It does say that you can cancel or move it onboard, and we might do that. We just booked a random night for Chops. :)

Thank you for the info so far. I do have a couple more questions.

So you are not really getting a deal with Izumi?

Do the locations in the old Windjammer area offer privacy from everyone eating at the buffet?

And if I understand correctly, i can order it now(before boarding) but do not have to make individual reservations til boarding, however I can make them now if I want to?

Thank you for the info so far. I do have a couple more questions.

So you are not really getting a deal with Izumi?

Do the locations in the old Windjammer area offer privacy from everyone eating at the buffet?

And if I understand correctly, i can order it now(before boarding) but do not have to make individual reservations til boarding, however I can make them now if I want to?

If you like Japanese food, then it is worth it. You have $25 total between the 2 of you to spend and the prices are very reasonable. We actually didn't use up all of our allotted money.

Izumi's and Rita's are completely closed off from the WJ itself. You must walk through the WJ in order to reach those two restaurants but you won't be eating with folks that are eating in the WJ. You walk through sliding glass doors to both Rita's and Izumi. Folks that want to eat in the aft section of the WJ must get their food and then walk through Rita's only.

If you order now you will prepay but you can either wait to make your reservations or make them when reservations open up. You can also purchase the package once on board. Believe me when I say that in our 51 days on board Radiance, we never saw any of the specialty dining venues packed.

Archived