Grocery store?

BuckeyeGal

You can get on the web site nola.com and go to "find a business" (button near the top of the page). You can find any kind of business around your hotel. If the address of your hotel is 2 Poydras, I found several convenience stores very close by and a "Brother's Food Mart" at 300 Baronne St. which is supposed to be 0.17 miles from 2 Poydras. This is how I found some stores near my hotel to do the very same thing you are. Stocking up a bit on pop and water (not tons of it mind you, but a little anyway).:o

It looks like Cajun Grocery on Iberville, Unique General Store (127 Royal) and Price Busters (807 St. Charles) are under 0.5 miles of your hotel. I think the one I mentioned before on Baronne would be farther than .17 miles. I must have messed up putting the address in originally. :o

It looks like Cajun Grocery on Iberville, Unique General Store (127 Royal) and Price Busters (807 St. Charles) are under 0.5 miles of your hotel. I think the one I mentioned before on Baronne would be farther than .17 miles. I must have messed up putting the address in originally. :o

It's all good, Arby70 :D I can walk to any of them --I'm used to walking 2 or 3 miles on the OSU campus every day, so .17 or .5 is an easy juant. Again, thank you for your detailed help-it really is appreciated!

Cajun Market is still my pick...

801 Convention Ctr Blvd, New Orleans, 70130 - (504) 529-5052

It is across the street from Mulates.

One tool useful for mapping is:

http://maps.google.com/

If I understand the map right, it should be diagonal from my hotel, to the east (BTW, Mulates was on my list of "recommended places to eat" --do you concur???)

There is no such thing as N, S, E, W in New Orleans. You might hear things like Lake Side, River Side, Up River, Down River. :D

Mulates and Cajun market would be up river from the Hilton.

What I might do is just walk through the Riverwalk Mall which is connected to the Hilton. Especially if it is hot or raining. Where it ends, you'll go down the escalator (or there is an elevator), walk about a block and you'll run into both Mulate's and Cajun Market.

On your return trip, if you didn't take the escalator back up, you would just about walk into your ship (if it was there).

Mulate's is a fun place - I wouldn't call it the best food in New Orleans, but it is entertaining.

If you do walk through Riverwalk there are lots of food stands in there.

Kabby's in the Hilton is actually pretty good, or at least was a few years ago.

http://www.riverwalkmarketplace.com/

http://www.mulates.com/locations.htm

{julia st actually cuts all the way through to your cruiseship}

This is where you come out from Riverwalk:

GMTchvsVu8NAveDpFDRpJ8-92AYBQvgn0300.jpg

Mulate's and Cajun Market are on the same side of Convention Center Blvd (the other side from Hilton)

cqlhZEYmKAIrBznyFORCwKtSy7n637i30300.jpg

Archived