Extra charges?

Lovetravel101

Will I know if something is surcharged or will the bill at the end of the cruise be a surprise? For example, free appetizers when I am drinking in the wine bar, or pastries at the cafe? Or the prices for specialty coffee? While dining , if something is surcharged, is there a menu with prices?

You'll know anytime that there's an additional charge for something, as you'll be asked for your cruise card for the charge to be applied to your shipboard account. If you don't want a surprise at the end of the cruise :eek: I recommend requesting a copy of your account from the purser's desk every few days so you can keep on top of things. :)

They always ask for your cruise card if there is a charge otherwise they wouldn't know who to charge it to.

If you are not sure before you order something, don't be afraid to ask. Also if you go to the front desk you can get a copy of your statement as often as you like and keep on top of the charges. Once in a while an error is made so it doesn't hurt to check.

Still , are items clearly marked, or will I have to ask for example,can I have a glass of red wine... And a free appy? Or will the menu have a list of included items and a list of $$$ items? I understand all alcohol will be charged...and if I walk by the pastry shop, or hotdog cart.... Will it be obvious what is included?

Still , are items clearly marked, or will I have to ask for example,can I have a glass of red wine... And a free appy? Or will the menu have a list of included items and a list of $$$ items? I understand all alcohol will be charged...and if I walk by the pastry shop, or hotdog cart.... Will it be obvious what is included?

The pastries at the International Cafe are free. The specialty coffees cost extra but you can buy a card for them and it will be punched. There is also a charge for gelato but it is clearly marked. The hot dogs, pizza and burgers are free.

Archived