Aft facing Verandah cabin with 3rd pax accomodation

Dogstar

In anticipation of our upcoming Southern Caribbean family vacation (ms Westerdam) I am considering booking a future cruise, perhaps the Eastern Caribbean itinerary (ms Nieuw Amsterdam). From past non-HAL cruise adventures I have become quite fond of the aft facing balcony experience so the hunt is on ... time is on my side for cabin selection, sort of. Unlike similarly-sized/marketed cruise line offerings, unfortunately, HAL Vista Class ships do not appear to offer a selection of aft facing Verandah cabins with 3rd pax accomodation. At least that's what it seems like from the deck layout diagrams.

For example, the ms Nieuw Amsterdam lists the following total aft-facing cabin categories:

• Upper Promenade ~ VB, VA, SC
  • Verandah ~ VA, SC
  • Upper Verandah ~ VA, SC
  • Rotterdam ~ VA, SB
  • Navigation ~ VA, SB

Of the thirty aft-facing Deluxe Verandah cabins (VB, VA), not one appears to offers 3rd pax accomodation. Zero, nadda, zip! :eek: Since "guaranty" cabin categories are not offered for 3rd/4th pax accomodations I can not even select a Suite "guaranty" (SZ) in the hopes of being bumped to one of the ten aft-facing Suite cabins (SC, SB). :mad:

Am I missing something? Or is this penance for electing to bring a well-mannered teenager on a HAL family vacation? ;)

Cheers. Dogstar.

In anticipation of our upcoming Southern Caribbean family vacation (ms Westerdam) I am considering booking a future cruise, perhaps the Eastern Caribbean itinerary (ms Nieuw Amsterdam). From past non-HAL cruise adventures I have become quite fond of the aft facing balcony experience so the hunt is on ... time is on my side for cabin selection, sort of. Unlike similarly-sized/marketed cruise line offerings, unfortunately, HAL Vista Class ships do not appear to offer a selection of aft facing Verandah cabins with 3rd pax accomodation. At least that's what it seems like from the deck layout diagrams.

For example, the ms Nieuw Amsterdam lists the following total aft-facing cabin categories:

• Upper Promenade ~ VB, VA, SC
  • Verandah ~ VA, SC
  • Upper Verandah ~ VA, SC
  • Rotterdam ~ VA, SB
  • Navigation ~ VA, SB

Of the thirty aft-facing Deluxe Verandah cabins (VB, VA), not one appears to offers 3rd pax accomodation. Zero, nadda, zip! :eek: Since "guaranty" cabin categories are not offered for 3rd/4th pax accomodations I can not even select a Suite "guaranty" (SZ) in the hopes of being bumped to one of the ten aft-facing Suite cabins (SC, SB). :mad:

Am I missing something? Or is this penance for electing to bring a well-mannered teenager on a HAL family vacation? ;)

Cheers. Dogstar.

All of the SC & SB Aft Wrap Arounds are triple occupancy. If you look at the deck plans you will see them marked with a circle beside the stateroom number; i.e., SC 6164 O, this indicates the sofa (a 3 cushion) makes into a fold out (better description is it folds open like the pages of a book) bed for 1 person. Deck Plans are below (Click on photo to see full sized)

sm-Nieuw_Amsterdam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

Hope this helps.

Joanie

All of the SC & SB Aft Wrap Arounds are triple occupancy.

Thanks IRL_Joanie, but I'm interested in the general Balcony category cabins (i.e. Verandah - V's), not suites. Suites are too much $$$ for my family vacation budget, especially after factoring in flight costs just to get there & back.

As I said before, unlike other cruise lines, HAL's Vista Class ships do not appear to offer non-suite aft-facing triple-occupancy cabins. Hmmm. :(

Archived